New project. Users group members as superheroes...

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

heyvern

New project. Users group members as superheroes...

Post by heyvern »

A few guys in my area all use another program called Animation Master and we formed a user group called the Mid Atlantic Animation Master users group MAAM for short.

We meet up a few times a year. We have a meeting in December and at the last meeting they wanted me to design some characters or caricatures based on all of us.

Ironically enough... I don't use Animation Master that much these days. I am a big fan of 2D since purchasing Moho. A few years back I would have tried to animate these characters in 3D but these days I don't have that much enthusiasm for it.

As a result of discovering ASP (Moho) I have kind of turned the user group into a pseudo ASP group. A few of us now own ASP and other efrontier programs as a result (Someone's tablet PC with Manga Studio was being passed around for people to sketch with at a couple of the meetings).

What will most likely happen is that some of us will do 3d versions. I may even take a stab at reproducing my character in 3D as long as someone else rigs it ;) I hate rigging in 3D. I will do 2d versions and animations with ASP using my new body rig with scripted aim at bone constraints. I have a system now where I can easily turn legs and arms from front to side views. Using the aim at constraint allows for multiple "3D" type perspective motion of the limbs. At the moment I am trying to solve the "linear" translation issue. Translating a bone does not "rotate" or scale a limb properly. It is difficult to get a proper rotation without a ton of keys.

Since I can't post the AS stuff on the Animation Master forum (they would take off my head... or at least remove the posts) I will be posting it here.

This is a low priority project for me at the moment (I am spread very thin.) but it's fun since I haven't used a pencil in AGES and I have never done... this type of "caricature" before. I tend to do realistic portraits.

These are scanned sketches and drawings "tweaked" in photoshop:

I am the guy on the far right.
(click for larger image)

This one traced and modified in ASP:

-vern
JimmyC

Post by JimmyC »

Super sketches. They all have character! I really like the one you have done in ASP. Great idea.

You probably need something like this as a sideline to let your brain relax after all that scrpting etc.. Time spent thinking (background processing) is seldom wasted. You are a man of many talents Vern. Glad to know you.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Thanks Jimmy! I agree... need a break now and then... from both the left and right sides of the brain! ;)

I am going for a cheesy "Hanna Barbara" Scooby Doo style. Each character has his own "powers" based on our "real" personalities and "body types".

I will be the comic relief "Shaggy" character. The others will have to throw me "Verny" snacks to get me to do anything helpful.

-vern
AngryMonster

Post by AngryMonster »

these are great!

I especially like your 'airbrush' style drawings at the top.
front on faces are hard!... you did them well

Animation Master is a great program ... I think of it as the 3D equivalent of AS.

the only issue ... is it suffers from too many dimensions! :wink:
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Animation Master is a great program ... I think of it as the 3D equivalent of AS.
Ha ha! No no no! Animation Master has been around much longer (1985?)... Anime Studio is the 2D equivalent of Animation Master. ;)

Yes... I've grown tired of that pesky 3rd dimension. I have to put up with it constantly in my everyday life. It is nice to get away from it.

Now don't get me wrong, I appreciate the benefits of the 3rd dimension. It keeps me from bumping into walls and poking myself in the face with forks and spoons.

-vern
animationkolhapur

Post by animationkolhapur »

Hey Heyvern .. amazing stuff yaar ... loved the style of the characters ..... the attitude and the faces ... particularly ... your anemic face ... would love to see your characters moving in ASP ....