Explosions?

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Stick Fiqure Video to Post on This Forum?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 3
ch7606

Explosions?

Post by ch7606 »

This might sound odd but how can you make a good explosion? I can't!
Another thing, I am making a stick figure fighting a computer mouse can I post that or is it not right for here even though I made it with Anime Studio?
Arkaos

Post by Arkaos »

If you created something in Anime Studio, you are more than welcome to post the video. Actually, I would LOVE to see the video :D.

I believe the users manual that ships with Anime Studio covers the basics of an explosion.
Mark
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Explosions can be made in infinitely different ways. It all depends on the style of your film.

Easiest way: the cartoony explosion like it was done until 1950. There are enough classical shorts available online to watch and learn, get some and study them frame by frame since these explosions tend to be very short.

Most difficult way: the "realistic" explosions you know from star Wars and such. Emerging clouds of fire, beams of radiation, a multitude of small pieces of debris. All of this can be done, preferably in an anime style. Get some anime videos with explosions and have a close look, their SFX usually are amazingly good.

Both styles (and everything inbetween) can be done in AS, but it can be quite an amount of work.

Plan your explosions carefully. What will be blown up? What function does the explosion serve in the story: is it a suspense gag with long anticipation? Is it a surprise? Is it the cataclysmic finale of a whole movie? How could it fit into the style of the movie?