Gran Convolution

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

F.M.

Gran Convolution

Post by F.M. »

Trying to catch the feel of moving art. Used Moho Mirage and toonboom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1q4vqTbuIQ

Enjoy!
"and then Man created god!"
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

That's very fluid and creative. Impressive stuff. How do you find ToonBoom? Mirage is great but I must admit I hated ToonBoom when we tested it out at work a few months back. Just curious :D
toonertime

animation master

Post by toonertime »

I am curious what you think about
Animation:Master. It seems like it
might be friendly towards animators.
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

I don't want to divert away from FM's thread about his work but if you're asking me about Animation:Master Toonertime?.........I love it :D
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

I was spoiled by DPaint and Brilliance, back when I used the Amiga so I tend to find this programs lacking in ease of use and short in what I'm capable of squeezing out of them. I like Mirage a bit more than Toonboom, as far as Animation Master I liked it very much until version 9 came out, for me that was a disaster, I've been thinking of giving it another try to see if it is stable now.
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Well, as you will probably deduce from my name, I am a huge Amiga fan and, like you, was spoiled by DPaint and Brilliance also. Mirage obviously developed from an Amiga program and is very similar to Brilliance etc - probably why I like it so much.

Animation:Master V9 was bad. However, I can assure you, it is very stable now (for me anyway) so give it a try.

I'm using Anime Studio a lot at present and I'm constantly amazed by the results achievable. I'm not bragging at all, and it may not come off of course, but a colleague and I are doing tests using AS for a proposed new BBC series and, though I'm obviously biased, I think they will like the results when we deliver next week. I hope so anyway as I can't imagine being able to do this so easily in any other software - fingers crossed :)
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

Thanks for the info on AM, and lots os luck with your project I will be crossing my fingers for you also.
Arkaos

Post by Arkaos »

O.K. Now was that an Acid flashback or was it a movie. Line distinction between the two are very difficult to grasp.

Very Cool 8)
Mark
Arkaos

Re: animation master

Post by Arkaos »

toonertime wrote:I am curious what you think about
Animation:Master. It seems like it
might be friendly towards animators.
It IS friendly towards animators, but it lacks in a few areas:

1) incredibly slow render time

2) particles are even slower and kinda suck

3) materials do not animate well and are slower yet to render

4) not industry-standard and/or compatible with mainstream 3d software.

If you are interested in breaking into 3D, try blender. It's very industry standard, faster, more stable and FREE. http://www.blender.org
Mark