My very first AS Character

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Arkaos

My very first AS Character

Post by Arkaos »

http://www.geocities.com/arkaos420/Kryhme_1024_768.png

Introducting the Evil Warlock Kryhme.

No body drawn yet, just head shot for now. I'm REALLY digging this program :D
Mark
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

Looks good so far but it looks like you lost shadow detail to your avatar. And you're loosing out on your background effect. I resized this one in Gimp while keeping it under 6kb.
Right click and save picture as, if you want it. :wink:
Arkaos

Post by Arkaos »

Cool, Thanks.

Actually, I rendered the avatar and uploaded it before I created the shadowing on the linked picture. I have a little way to go on his body yet and cleaning up the shadows (some just don't look right).

I appreciate your input. Thanks
Mark
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

No problem!

I can't wait to see more. Glad you're liking the program. It is pretty awesome! :wink:
animationkolhapur

Post by animationkolhapur »

Ah .. thats a good looking character ... liked the shading technique ... would love to know how you did you .. (only if you ready to reveal your technique.. ) .. but good stuff .. when are you bringing it to life? (Animations)
ARTIST

Post by ARTIST »

I am sorry, and clearly am no expert, but those ears are a bit weird. kinda like antennas.
I think your character losses "character" and seriousness.

Apart from that its a really good start.

Keep it up.
Arkaos

Post by Arkaos »

ARTIST wrote:I am sorry, and clearly am no expert, but those ears are a bit weird. kinda like antennas.
I think your character losses "character" and seriousness.

Apart from that its a really good start.

Keep it up.
Thanks for the criticism. You bring up a good point. The ears are not shown at the correct orientation and/or poor orientation.

I am just learning this hand drawing business, so I can't yet see all the problem areas. I've been doing 3D character modeling for the last 2 1/2 years, which requires no real drawing talent, just good 3D spacial perception. I am trying to learn how to draw as I go because it's something I've always wanted to try. Your input is really helpful. Thanks for taking the time to look and share. :)
Mark
FCSnow

Post by FCSnow »

Drawing is easy, as I tell some of my studients. Creation is hard. You have the creation part down, my friend. Now, comes the easy part, drawing.
There are many classes you can take and books to study, but in the end it comes down to big stack of paper and a lot of sharp pencils. It shouldn't be to hard for you.

F.C.Snow
Precise Planning And Timing
Never Suceeds Like Dump Luck.
Arkaos

Post by Arkaos »

animationkolhapur wrote:Ah .. thats a good looking character ... liked the shading technique ... would love to know how you did you .. (only if you ready to reveal your technique.. ) .. but good stuff .. when are you bringing it to life? (Animations)
The shading is pretty straight forward, maybe not the easiest way, but I'm still learning. I created a separate layer for shadows and grouped with character layer. I set the type to 'Multiply' and opacity to 50%. All shadow shapes are color black (0,0,0). The group layer is masked with the character drawing layer under the group '+ Add to Mask'. That's so I don't have to be overly precise around the outside edges of the character.

I'm glad you like it. I've created the body and added some other stuff to the scene, but I'm not quite ready to post it yet. Still has some kinks to work out concerning lighting.

I am glad to share techniques, since I sure like to take advantage of other people's techniques, myself. I've been using AS Pro for about 5 days now, so I'm tickled to be able to share whatever wisdom I've managed to gain in this short time, lol.

A short animation test will be happening very soon, now.
Mark
Arkaos

Updated 09-12-2007

Post by Arkaos »

Body is here. I haven't quite finished the design of the clothing/accessories. His design is still in the preliminary stages for now.

The orb's glow is a bit goofy yet, so please bear with me ;)

Edited 09-12-2007 4:30 pm: Posted a revision. Orbs glow not quite as wonky.

Mark
ARTIST

Post by ARTIST »

Ears much much much better.

personally i would darken the "dark side" of the face etc, a little bit more. not much (like the contrast in the batman foorever villian), but enough to clearly distinguish. My conrast and brightness at this pc was set at 0 and i got little/slight effect.

When i increased the contrast alone to max it still wasnt enough and when i increased the brightness to max and kept contrast at 0, the dark side obviously vanished. and when both at max it was faint as well.
Hence increase the "darkness" little bit more depending on what powers, qualities, uniqueness u want your character to have and if it fits with the storyline. The colour will define anger, evilness, power, etc here.
Genete

Post by Genete »

It looks good so far! :D

I miss some thin hair on the right in this image,,, The shadow exists but not the hair. It is like those fun games "Find the 7 differences" :lol:
-G
ARTIST

Post by ARTIST »

Genete wrote:It looks good so far! :DIt is like those fun games "Find the 7 differences" :lol:
-G
LMAO!!!
Arkaos

Post by Arkaos »

Genete wrote:It looks good so far! :D

I miss some thin hair on the right in this image,,, The shadow exists but not the hair.
-G
It's on vacation, I guess. It's hiding in my .anme file somewhere.
Mark
animationkolhapur

Post by animationkolhapur »

nice work Arkaos... also good shading technique .. but was not able to understand it fully .. it would be so nice of you if you could post the anime file. .