My very first AS Character

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

toonertime

forum question

Post by toonertime »

jes curious
how do you get your artwork to paste in these boxes?
Arkaos

Re: forum question

Post by Arkaos »

toonertime wrote:jes curious
how do you get your artwork to paste in these boxes?
The artwork was uploaded to Flickr, but any free photo sharing website would do. I copied the url for the uploaded picture and pasted it between the '' tags in the 'Post a Reply' editor.

Placing the same url between the '' tags will only display a link to the photo.
animationkolhapur wrote:nice work Arkaos... also good shading technique .. but was not able to understand it fully .. it would be so nice of you if you could post the anime file. .
I will be glad to post the *.anme file, but I currently have no way to post a file to the web that has enough monthly bandwidth for people to download it. Once I get that set up I sure will.

3D forums I belong to all let you upload files directly to the forum. I wish this one did. If anyone can tell me the best way to post files to the web (preferably free methods), please let me know a good site.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions, everyone.

I experimented with a rig yesterday, but I now need to split the drawing up into separate layers. The current drawing is pretty much all connected, except for the shadows, and not practical for animating yet. It's just a general character design. Now I need to lay it out for rigging and animation and switch layers.
Mark
jhbmw007

Post by jhbmw007 »

Try mediafire.com it lets you post up to 100mb with no registration required
Arkaos

File sharing up and running

Post by Arkaos »

OK. Here is the *.anme file. Let me know it there are any problems getting it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ctioydhpj7n
Mark
FCSnow

Post by FCSnow »

Some questions. What's the story behind this character? Is he good, bad, or netural? Is there a story line you're working on?

F.C.Snow
Precise Planning And Timing
Never Suceeds Like Dump Luck.
Arkaos

Post by Arkaos »

FCSnow wrote:Some questions. What's the story behind this character? Is he good, bad, or netural? Is there a story line you're working on?

F.C.Snow
Actually, Yes! There is a story behind this guy. He is "Evil" only in the sense of how the mainstream population understands him.

He is one of a few of his race of being who ruled that world many eons ago, but were forced to flee. The reason for that won't yet be revealed. This was when humankind was still a primitive hunter/gatherer culture and the other races (like elves, dwarves, etc.) were just coming to be. His race was the dominant species at that time and were looked upon as gods by the other races. They possessed natural abilities that could be only be perceived as "magic", but was only a part of their own physiology.

When the group featured in this story finally returned to their home world, they discovered the primitive races had evolved and now posed a real threat to the planet. It is the quest of Kryhm and his associates to now reclaim their world. Each is given a part of the lands in which to lead the people and unite the world in an effort to end the mindless self-destruction and wars. Kryhm's methods of uniting his people and 'taming' them could be viewed as a bit excessive, but necessary in his part of the world.
Mark