Partially Turning Head Test in Moho

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Dismal_Bliss

Partially Turning Head Test in Moho

Post by Dismal_Bliss »

I took the advice from a thread in the General Forum about turning heads and decided to give it a shot. You can see it here...

http://www.robertangle.com/moho/

It's a Windows Media File. I rendered in at half frame size and in DivX format, and then converted it to .WMA to get the file size to be very small. Even though it looks better full size (and in anything but DivX), it's still not too bad. The lines on the nose look thicker than they should.

Comments are most appreciated :-)

- Bob
7feet

Post by 7feet »

The quick reply - looks really nice. Using the vector layers in 3d, I suspect? Overall, it works really well. It's not the line width, but the change on the nose "direction" is distracting. When the head is turning towards the end, works a charm. Definitely one of the techniques I really need to work with more. Looking at it (a few times), I'm not exactly sure how it was done. Mind sharing the .Moho file, or a breakdown of what you did? Pretty neat, though.

--Brian
Dismal_Bliss

Post by Dismal_Bliss »

I updated the page with some explanation and some example pictures.

http://www.robertangle.com/moho/

(I'm posting in haste, gotta go for now)

- Bob
Last edited by Dismal_Bliss on Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

The nose is the only part that doesn't work here. I've used the same technique recently, I'll put something online in a week or so and used a 3/4 view and front view of a face. I was able to move it quite a bit without revealing the technique. For a front view like your character I'd go with a symmetrical nose, just the shadow below the nose could be enough. For a 3/4 character you could use a side view of the nose. You are combining the two and that diminishes the illusion.

But I agree the technique is quite effective and time saving if you set it up right. I was surprised at the result I got (don't worry, I WILL share it soon!).

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com