Restarting an old project "Don empinado"

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Genete

Post by Genete »

Which one do you prefer?

JimmyC

Post by JimmyC »

I think the second one should be better, but it's hard to tell when I can't see the whole scene.

I may be wrong about it, but it looks like the viewpoint is too low in the previous ones! I hope I am not puttting you off. Perspective can be difficult. I am no expert. I think your scene is terrific anyway. I wish I had that much skill.

Little things like that can be sorted at the end. Don't let my criticism of the viewpoint put you off. It is only a minor thing. Carry on with the project, and maybe by the end, someone else who knows more about all this can advise you. I really like it so far, and I am glad that you showed your WIP. Don't get down in the dumps. You are doing really great.

Let's see some more :)

Best wishes
Genete

Post by Genete »

Thanks JimmyC for your kind words. I still drawing. After this step I'll add a freezer and some electrical appliance (?) and pots and pangs...

Some perspective corrections, added a lateral wall and some new furniture.
-G
JimmyC

Post by JimmyC »

It looks great. It is a super illustration. The handles are realistic, and I love the lines just above the oven, to let the excess heat out! Don't know the name for it :)

We did perspective drawing at school (50 years ago!), and everything was taken from a point up, and slightly to the right of the main drawing area. I was able to use a ruler, and if I drew all the horizontal lines using the point, everything turned out correctly. Things like window sills and the top of door frames etc. I really loved doing street scenes. It was an easy way for me to get the perspective right, and it looked great to me. I was always fascinated by perspective. Did you do that at school too?

Sorry to keep banging on about perspective, but it makes all the difference in a scene. I am not telling you how to draw, God forbid, you are much better at it than I am.

This kitchen is super, and I really like the effect. The perspective looks much better. The great thing with ASP is that lines are easily moved, I do it all the time. I keep shifting the outline of objects till they look 'right' to me. I suppose everyone does.

I look forward to seeing the freezer, and the other bits and pieces. It is a great scene. Your drawings have put me in the mood for creating a simple office scene. I have no idea what I would do with it, but I would just like to draw it anyway :) Best wishes!
Genete

Post by Genete »

Did you do that at school too?
I MUST make technical drawings much better than artistic ones. I've studied at high school (I'm engineer) so I was embarrassed for that. (So don't worry about complain about perspective issues. I deserved it). Really I did not concentrate on perfect perspective because I wanted to give more "freedom" to the scene. But I cannot. I always fall into copy real things and could not make cool things like a curved freezer...

I still working on. No promises about when it will end...
Best
-G
JimmyC

Post by JimmyC »

I look forward to seeing more ...... whenever that may be :)
Genete

Post by Genete »

I'm loving drawing more and more every day. But I need more gradient features...

I think I should reduce luminosity to the green of the edges of the curtain??

OLD ONE:

MODIFIED:
Last edited by Genete on Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Genete wrote:I think I should reduce luminosity to the green of the edges of the curtain??
I think you should. The edges of the curtains are way too bright compared with the other colours. The interior is coming along though!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
JimmyC

Post by JimmyC »

It's looking really good! Lovely scene. Agree about the curtains :)

Going away on holiday early in the morning for a week - so if I don't reply you'll know why. Regards.
Arkaos

Post by Arkaos »

Genete wrote:I'm loving drawing more and more every day. But I need more gradient features...
Make your own gradients in a photo editor and apply them to shapes. If you don't have photoshop, gimpshop is a good alternative. I use Corel Paint Shop Pro.

You could use a custom gradient and apply it to the sunlight coming in the window for some really cool faked volumetric effects.

Composition and drawing is great. Great set design, too.
Mark