Many Moons

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

human

Post by human »

The dog--for laughing out loud !

:lol:
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

That dog is the best thing ever
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

Omg the dog.

About the Indian: did you import an AI or raster image into Anime Studio? If that's all vector it's the best conversion of an AI file into Anime Studio I've seen so far.
Gnaws

Post by Gnaws »

Imported an AI.

I can whip stuff out in AI with a minimal amount of vector mess. And I'm so used to tidying up in AS now that clean-up is almost zen-like for me -- kinda like mowing the grass.
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

I've got to play around with this AI to AS thing more. The line work is awesome.
Phatthumb

Token Black guy

Post by Phatthumb »

Gnaws, dude don't worry about what Human was saying. Do the toon and make it awsome. No one now days gives a crap about demographics and politically correct views. Whats next, is the next replay going to be suggesting putting a token black guy to make sure the "white hero" wins. This is 2007 not 1952.

Dude just do the damn thing 8)
Phatthumb
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

LMAO! thats the funnyest mutt i ever did see. nice one!
toonertime

HUMAN INSIGHT

Post by toonertime »

I don't think Human was trying to discourage
anyone's output. I think he was taking his time
to point out the underlying meaning of stereotypes
that cartooning lends itself so easily to.

So sure, just do it -- but think about it
Gnaws

Post by Gnaws »

Would it be OK if we debated Political Correctness in another forum? Maybe Miscellaneous Chit-chat?

Thank you.
LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

Gnaws wrote:Would it be OK if we debated Political Correctness in another forum?
Yeah, how the heck did this turn to a political debate within the first few posts? Get over yourself human, this isn't the place.

Gnaws, the animation looks good. I think he's a bit static while talking, but the lip-sync and all looks good. I for one am part Cherokee indian and wasn't offended by this character...since I realize its a cartoon and a parody. Some people are just too self righteous and sensitive.
Genete

Post by Genete »

Excellent stuff Gnaws!
Specially love the style of the Indian Chief.
And the dog is ... :lol: brillant!
-G
human

Post by human »

LittleFenris wrote:
Gnaws wrote:Would it be OK if we debated Political Correctness in another forum?
Yeah, how the heck did this turn to a political debate within the first few posts? Get over yourself human, this isn't the place.

Gnaws, the animation looks good. I think he's a bit static while talking, but the lip-sync and all looks good. I for one am part Cherokee indian and wasn't offended by this character...since I realize its a cartoon and a parody. Some people are just too self righteous and sensitive.
Ferris, Gnaws JUST GOT THROUGH asking people to discuss the issue elsewhere.

He's not a bit more interested in your ethnic endorsement than in my objections to business as usual.

I'm perfectly willing to entertain your views, but let's honor the reasonable request Gnaws made and take it elsewhere.
Phatthumb

human

Post by Phatthumb »

wow, human your an original thinker :x
Phatthumb
Gnaws

Post by Gnaws »

human wrote:He's not a bit more interested in your ethnic endorsement than in my objections to business as usual.
<sigh>

It's not that I'm uninterested in, or disrespect, anyone's opinions or feelings. I just don't want my goofy little animation to be whitewashed as having racist undertones.

I posted this only to get (and have graciously received) the feedback of my AS colleagues.

Really, that's all.
donnie

Post by donnie »

Hi Gnaws, that stuff looks great, I really like your style. :)

I was wondering if you could possibly please show an example of what your image looks like once you've imported it from AI?

Your lines look so nice, but whenever ive tried importing from AI it comes in as a complete mess and I find im better off redrawing in AS.
have you got any tips for us (like which format to import, Ai legacy/eps etc). Do the extra points created make it a lot harder for you to animate or do you generally just move layers as opposed to manipulating points?

Any tips are greatly appreciated- Keep up the good work!!

Donnie

p.s Get that dog some worming tablets.....