Another old-school 1960's style cartoon

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

beautifuldaymonster

Another old-school 1960's style cartoon

Post by beautifuldaymonster »

This one's on a *different* subject :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pSSfa-umpw

Thanks to Heyvern for helping me figure out background panning. It works like a charm. There really is nothing this software program can't do :shock:
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

What was that word again?

... SCHOOOOOOLLLLL!

;)

My father is a retired school teacher so maybe I picked up some of his talents. Thanks for the compliment and keep up the good work.

You didn't say if this was final or a work in progress. Some of the cuts were kind of quick and I wanted to see more.

Yes AS can do anything.

-vern
beautifuldaymonster

"SCHOOOOOL"!

You are welcome! This is what I'd call a "final for now" work. I'm going to go back in later this spring and tinker and do some fine tuning on this clip, but right now I'm maxed out trying to get a good portfolio of cartoons in the can for an educational show I'm making. I hope it will take viewers back to those days of yesteryear when educational TV for kids was a little more experimental and a lot less safe, PC and bland. It will be a parody of those shows like Vegetable Soup and Sesame Street we used to watch back in 1968-1977, but hopefully actually teach, too. "An educational parody"! One day you'll see a finer tuned version of the school segment linked here. In this clip, I just wanted to see if I could do it and things got carried away. Originally this was going to be about "one way" street signs. Then the idea for the kids and school hit me very early into like the first city scenes. I decided to go with the school idea instead. Because you explained how to pan backgrounds so well, I was able to pull it off! Thank you again, Vern!

School is kool!

- Heather
HOYBOYS

Post by HOYBOYS »

Nice Work beautifuldaymonster! ... Lots of energy and great editing. The HOYBOYS give you Two Thumbs Up and a 5 Star Rating on Youtube! ... Keep up the Good Work and All The Best from The HOYBOYS! :D :D
HAVE A LAUGH ON US! at www.hoyboys.net
beautifuldaymonster

Tom and John, I hope you guys know I've just bookmarked your site! I watched "Psychopaths Have Feelings Too" - it's BRILLIANT. The music was really extremely well done - symphonic, Broadway-style a la Andrew Lloyd Webber - and the animation... oh dear God, where do I start? The soaring scenes over alpen peaks, the wistful flights of freedom from this meager non-psychopath world to a land of pathological paradise...

... who knew they only wanted to be understood? ... snif snif... :lol:

Thank you very kindly for the thumbs-ups! ... I wish you guys would do music for my stuff....

... plug, plug :wink:
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

beautifuldaymonster,

I am such a fan of the sixties and fifties character design style! -Nice work! Really, I didn't realize that it was made recently 'til I read this thread a little further. I thought someone had taken an old Sesame Street clip and posted it on youtube.

Nice work!

-Slice
beautifuldaymonster

Thank you, Slice!

It's amazing - people in the gigantic Classic Sesame Street group at YouTube were fooled by it too! I don't think you guys know how serious a compliment that is. All I can say is thanks and there's more to come! Visit me at YouTube sometime! My username is raposofan and I'm a Director there. Loading up tons of new stuff! :D