BSKYB Health & Safety video

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

peeg

Brilliant!

Post by peeg »

That's wonderful Barry
Thanks for the tips... you're great!

Cheers

Paul
Hand Drawn Illustration & Animation
www.handdrawn.co.uk
paul@handdrawn.co.uk
sang820

Post by sang820 »

:cry: :cry: :cry: Can't understand your discussion , :cry: :cry: :cry: but cheer for such excellent works! :shock:
LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

I will just say what everyone else has. Wow. This really shows how powerful MoHo and Flash can be at broadcast quality animation! Your project here is just amazing. Very inspiring. I had a question about Ms Kitty. When she is grabbing the papers from the stack her arm seems to change from a profile type look to a more 3/4 front view as she stamps the paper. Is this a different object you are switching between or what? I'm new to MoHo and would love to get some tips on these sort of things. That and how you masked the eyes so they don't go past the edge of the face when you turn her head in 3D.
Barry Baker

Post by Barry Baker »

Hi LittleFenris,

Yes, I used a switch layer to change the angle on the forearm as Kitty stamped the paper, but I also used them to switch between various angles on the hands. I could generally change the perspective on the arm by shortening or lengthening the bone inside it (except when she was actually stamping), but I needed four different hand poses to achieve all the grabbing, stamping and letting go that went on in the animation.

To mask the eyes, I made all the levels that made up the head into a masking group. Then I double clicked the vector layer that is the head shape itself, and on the masking tab I selected "+ add to mask". Now any layer that comes above this layer in the head heirarchy will be masked by the head, that is - it will only be visible within the head's outline (unless I make it immune by selecting "don't mask this layer").

If this is confusing, I would suggest you go through the masking tutorial again - it makes everything clear.
LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

Barry Baker wrote:Hi LittleFenris,

To mask the eyes, I made all the levels that made up the head into a masking group. Then I double clicked the vector layer that is the head shape itself, and on the masking tab I selected "+ add to mask". Now any layer that comes above this layer in the head heirarchy will be masked by the head, that is - it will only be visible within the head's outline (unless I make it immune by selecting "don't mask this layer").

If this is confusing, I would suggest you go through the masking tutorial again - it makes everything clear.
Nope, makes perfect sense. Thanks a bunch.

Also I can't seem to find anything on this "Depth Sorting" people talk about. It seems like it coule be very helpful for head turing and the like.
LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

Barry,

I was wondering if you have a character that is rigged similar to the cat character that I could take a look at (maybe an original .moho file)? I have a couple characters I'm creating for an animation and I would like to see how a quality bone rig is setup in Moho. I'm interested specifically in the bone setup and your layer setup. I would like to see how you have all your body parts of the character split up on layers so I know how to properly layer my character. I could even email you one of the characters Moho files if you had time to give me suggestions. I have it layered how I thought it might work best, but I JUST started using Moho so I'm sure you would be able to help me out.

Thanks,

Shaun