origami croc

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

JCook wrote:jahnocli, I am loving this crocodile walk! Very good. It looks like 3D.
Thanks, JCook! All compliments gratefully received! I'm working on the arms now -- trying to incorporate muuvist's "flip-bone" idea -- but it seems to be a different style from what I've done so far, and it doesn't fit well...Gotta keep trying, I guess...

Thanks for the links -- the paperpino one doesn't work, but the flying pig one has some great ideas -- love the elephant!

ADDITIONAL (Yes, I've watched too many Star Trek episodes...) I've just bought four animated paper models from Flying Pig -- will post updates later!

J
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Here is my headless croc!
LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

That walk almost looks too good! You'd swear it was done in 3D. Nice job. Can't wait to see him with a head.
jahnocli

he has a head!

Post by jahnocli »

Latest test walk: croc
human

Post by human »

If you'd care for some honest constructive feedback, I'm not sure that I like this walk as much as the previous version.

I said I liked the other one because it was a waddle but not overdone... this one seems exaggerated.

On the other hand, does this have anything to do with the frame rate?

I'm still learning elementary things about animation, but I'm beginning to learn that having too low a frame rate lends a vague choppiness that goes away if more frames are available.

Overall, given the current head, the feeling is more goofy and less cool/hipster than the original model...

My sympathies are with hipster!
LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

I feel like the walk is less of a waddle now...and I liked the waddle. I think having the shoulders/head dip further down would help give this walk some more personality.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Nice man!

I was reading through this thread and saw your idea for the concept. Reminded me a of a cartoon I did semi-recently.

Anyway, I dig your recent posts of the walk. Those made in 3D space or what? Can't quite figure out how you did it. Very cool and not afraid to be a bit EXTREME and wacky. Awesome ;)

jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Thanks for the feedback!
human wrote:some honest constructive feedback
Honest and constructive are good. Yes, not sure about the head myself -- doesn't seem to add as much as I thought...he definitely needs a head though! I was going for cool hipster too...
LittleFenris wrote:I think having the shoulders/head dip further down would help give this walk some more personality.
I'll try that -- thanks for the suggestion.
Mikdog wrote:I dig your recent posts of the walk. Those made in 3D space or what?

-- Thanks for the compliment - and all these walks are 2D, just points being moved around. Great comic too -- zoos as entertainment! (My idea has the animals as victims!) Crocs, eh? You just can't get away from them...unless you run real fast...

J