Aussie Doc and the English patient

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

shoepie

Aussie Doc and the English patient

Post by shoepie »

Hi,

I've been reading the tips on these forums for a while and thought I'd share one of my animations. I'm not a great animator... in fact I prefer writing to animating but Moho has been a great tool for me to get my writing out-there! Even if it's just in a basic form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncGhJlkT39k

If anyone has any tips on how to make characters who are standing still have more life to them I'd apreciate it.

Thanks
byanfu

Post by byanfu »

Great Animation shoepie. I really laughed at the ending.
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Like you, I don't see myself as an animator, more as a storyteller. But that doesn't stop me from giving my opinions on other people's works!

I really liked this, especially for a first(?) attempt. I thought the lipsync was good, but you need more secondary animation. Nobody is perfectly still, even with broken bones. The old guy needs to move other parts of his body with small movements.

As far as the story, I liked it a lot!

Looking forward to seeing more,

jorgy
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Great storytelling shoepie, I had a good laugh, I liked the animation as well but I agree with jorgy, it need some more movements here and there to get it more alive.
I also liked the old man, his facial expressions.
Good work!
shoepie

Post by shoepie »

Thanks for your replies. It's actually my 5th or 6th short animation, I've been using Moho on and off for about 4 months.

I see what you mean with the secondary movement, that's one of the things I really need to crack. My attempts to do this so far have always seemed too distracting from the action. It's getting the subtlety right which I find hard.