GreyKid Pictures

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kokostudios

Post by kokostudios »

How you guys did the motion blur effect? was it the combustion? or did you manually blurred it?
Freakish Kid

Post by Freakish Kid »

kokostudios wrote:How you guys did the motion blur effect? was it the combustion? or did you manually blurred it?
It was added with a plugin in combustion.

GK
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

[quote="GreyKid Pictures"}

Do you mean shadows in a film like La Reiene Soleil or backlight shaowing like in Bunny Love.

LRS is done on model (built into the fill) and with effects in composition.

Bunny Love is done with effects in comp.

GK[/quote]

Actually, I started thinking about it as I watched the Rugby short. I'd taken it for granted before then.

I'm a compositor for my day job so I recognized that the Bunny Love shading was likely done with a plug-in effect. The shadows in the Rugby short are more hand-drawn and it made me curious.

I'm working on a short animation right now that I'd like to use a shadow layer for and I'm looking for a easy way to do it. In Flash or After Effects you can simply over-create a shadow layer and then use the drawing layer to mask it off.

I realize you can do this with Anime Studio but from what I understand, it'll get messed up on the .swf export.

thanks,
kokostudios

Post by kokostudios »

about the motion blur:
can it be done with another software? I'm thinking After Effects maybe... :roll:

sorry for being so insistent, but this is my only complain in AS, the motion blur being more like a ghost shadow or something
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

kokostudios wrote:about the motion blur:
can it be done with another software? I'm thinking After Effects maybe... :roll:

sorry for being so insistent, but this is my only complain in AS, the motion blur being more like a ghost shadow or something
Well according to a whole bevvy of online tutorials out there, you can use the "CC Force Motion Blur" filter in After Effects, but I've personally never gotten it to work. -Doesn't mean it won't work for you though.
Freakish Kid

Post by Freakish Kid »

kokostudios wrote:about the motion blur:

Yes,

We use a plugin by RE Vision Effects.

GK
CHIO

I NEED HELP...

Post by CHIO »

I am a user of AS / MOLD for years. I would like ask to the people of GREYKID which is the method of work once they are ready all the scenes in AS. I love the style but especially the picture quality of the projects that are on the web. Therefore I would like to say as you do.:

For example:

1. Do perform each scene with or without compression. AVI or QT?

2. ADOBE PREMIER edition or VIDEO SONY VEGAS.

3. RENDER end of the project in that format and with wich compression?

Thank you very much,

Chio
Freakish Kid

Re: I NEED HELP...

Post by Freakish Kid »

CHIO wrote:I am a user of AS / MOLD for years. I would like ask to the people of GREYKID which is the method of work once they are ready all the scenes in AS. I love the style but especially the picture quality of the projects that are on the web. Therefore I would like to say as you do.:

For example:

1. Do perform each scene with or without compression. AVI or QT?

2. ADOBE PREMIER edition or VIDEO SONY VEGAS.

3. RENDER end of the project in that format and with wich compression?

Thank you very much,

Chio
Hi Chio,

We export the animation from AS in a PNG format. We then import into combustion and comp the image. Once we've added fx and everything else we make a final render. This is usually a PNG sequence also. We then import into Premiere (turning it into a film sequence) then export in an uncompressed Quicktime movie. From there (for the web) we compress with Quicktime Pro with H264 compression 1100 kbs for lowrez 3100 for Hirez.

GK
CHIO

Re: I NEED HELP...

Post by CHIO »

GreyKid Pictures wrote: [Hi Chio, We export the animation from AS in a PNG format. We then import into combustion and comp the image. Once we've added fx and everything else we make a final render. This is usually a PNG sequence also. We then import into Premiere (turning it into a film sequence) then export in an uncompressed Quicktime movie. From there (for the web) we compress with Quicktime Pro with H264 compression 1100 kbs for lowrez 3100 for Hirez.
GK
Thank you very much for your assistance !!!!!. I hope to use this procedure in the project that I'm working.

Congratulations to all the team really because the quality of your work is simply excellent.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

Chio.
SJHooks

Post by SJHooks »

Nice stuff. I have a one or two questions though- first of all, when you make the animation and models, do you ever use frame by frame animation to get the 3d turns and looks, or do you set up each specific part of an object in different layers, and then position each layer in a different point then use the depth option along with bones and points?
And second- rather than combustion for the shades, can't you use any program that lets you edit each frame in a movie or paint over each frame of the movie in a seperate layer? I'm not really sure. Great stuff though, really awesome.
khalifa

Post by khalifa »

Hi, I am new to anime studio, it is amazing all you did with this software. I have a simple question for you.

For animation in AS, do you do all the animation including keyframes with AS or you draw all your keyframes on paper import to AS and trace and then let AS do the inbetweening with corrections here and there?

Thank you, I just your stuff just before I was about the give up on the bones. I am strarting to love the moving points animation and how AS does the inbetweening.

Thanks in advance