Artfx here's the scene you asked for...

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rplate

Artfx here's the scene you asked for...

Post by rplate »

artfx wrote:WOW! I love the point motion roto stuff. I would love to see some total scenes.

The Flash site
http://homepage.mac.com/rplate/Sites/acrossroom.swf
The Anime Studio file
http://homepage.mac.com/rplate/Sites/acrossroom.zip
The flash movie slows it down and is jerky and harsh. So I put the Quicktime up as well.

http://homepage.mac.com/rplate/Sites/acrossroom.mov

Here's the original post I am responding to. Rather than edit, I posted
a new one. Scroll to the bottom post and you will see my reply there as well. Minus the quicktime version.
http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8012

Just a comment about roto to others that might be interested. Don't try to do it with a mouse. It wil drive you crazy.
I use a Wacom 3 tablet that I bought after seeing Artfx's web page and him drawing on a tablet. :)
I would love to have a screen tablet like his but I don't have that kind of money. Plus I think his tablet only works on a PC.
I am mostly a Mac man. Although I do have a windows XP machine as well. :wink:
NightmanGX

Post by NightmanGX »

Thats freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Genete

Post by Genete »

rplate,
the image files are missing in the zp files. Please check them.
BTW, you told us this in one post:
I didn't use any switches in the animation. I simply hi -lited the group I wanted to hide and used the scale tool to reduce it to a size so I could hide it behind a darker color. For example when the eye disappeared as the head turned, I hid the eye in Capt Kirks sideburns
But in this animation you are not using this technique. In this animation you are putting away the shape that is hidden in some frames. For example in the 3/4 walk, the bottom of the shoe is sometimes shown, sometimes hidden. But not really hidden, only taken away. This produces some "sparkles" in the animation that should be fixed. See frames 2,7 and 29.
Why didn't you use your mentioned technique in this particular animation? To solve this problem I suggest to put the vector layer in a group layer and create some kind of mask around him that hide those needed hidden shapes.

Regards
Genete
rplate

Post by rplate »

EDIT
OK the images are in the zip file
Genete wrote:rplate,
the image files are missing in the zp files. Please check them.
BTW, you told us this in one post:
I didn't use any switches in the animation. I simply hi -lited the group I wanted to hide and used the scale tool to reduce it to a size so I could hide it behind a darker color. For example when the eye disappeared as the head turned, I hid the eye in Capt Kirks sideburns
But in this animation you are not using this technique. In this animation you are putting away the shape that is hidden in some frames. For example in the 3/4 walk, the bottom of the shoe is sometimes shown, sometimes hidden. But not really hidden, only taken away. This produces some "sparkles" in the animation that should be fixed. See frames 2,7 and 29.
Why didn't you use your mentioned technique in this particular animation? To solve this problem I suggest to put the vector layer in a group layer and create some kind of maks around him that hide those needed hidden shapes.

Regards
Genete
I guess I got lazy. I saw those jumping around but it was three in the morning and I was too tired to do anything about it. (I just now got up from my afternoon nap. I'm sixty seven years old you know.)

The parts went into view because I scaled or moved the original figures and the hidden parts came into view. Its not hard to go back in and pull them back out of screen view.
My main objective was to show how the figures could be used in a scene.
Another problem with a walk in place figure is that the movement across the screen is by moving the whole figure. Foot sliding is obvious at times. However a walk in place figures give more flexability to do what I did here. My figures , as you can see, can be resized and moved. So it's a trade off. The foot slide can be tweaked a bit better than it is, by frame by frame nudging but it was late and I was too tired.
I always forget that the iimage files need to be with the zip file. It always works when I test it on my computer but then that's because the image files are already on it. Sorry! Old age is getting the best of me every now and then. I'll upload a new zip in about an hour. Thanks for pointing that out to me.
I didn't give any mention of the techniques I used because this was primarily in response to artfx, who wanted to see my figures in a scene setting rather than just an empty background.
Sometime the points are too many to hide so I just pull them out of screen view.

Thanks again for the response.
rplate

Post by rplate »

Genete wrote:rplate,
In this animation you are putting away the shape that is hidden in some frames. For example in the 3/4 walk, the bottom of the shoe is sometimes shown, sometimes hidden. But not really hidden, only taken away. This produces some "sparkles" in the animation that should be fixed. See frames 2,7 and 29.
Regards
Genete
I think I'm awake for now. I cleaned up the sparkles in the animation and rendered the backgrounds. It looks so much better now. If you looked at it earlier, you need to look again. Also if you want the Anime Studio file, all cleaned up, download that again.
I don't hide points in the animation much anymore. I would rather pull them off screen at the bottom.I hide parts of the hands and arms behind the figure because the come in and out of the scene often. That works, unless the figure turns and then I have to make two arms and turn visible off and on as needed.

Here are the links again:
http://homepage.mac.com/rplate/Sites/acrossroom.swf
http://homepage.mac.com/rplate/Sites/acrossroom.zip

http://homepage.mac.com/rplate/Sites/acrossroom.mov
The Quicktime movie takes about a minute to start, but it's fully loaded and and good to go when it does start.

This forum sure keeps a person on a professional level, even though I am only a hobbyist. :roll:
Genete

Post by Genete »

This forum sure keeps a person on a professional level, even though I am only a hobbyist. Rolling Eyes
Like me!!!. I have the defect of being so much perfectionist for being only a hobbyist. I want things go as I expect they will go. I want everything under control (*) and don't want undesired surprises or behaviours.

Regards
Genete

(*) that's the reason for use "controlled" bones... :lol:
HassleHead

Post by HassleHead »

That's some nice animation. Thanks.