Donny the Downloader Cartoons

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

paulolson

Donny the Downloader Cartoons

Post by paulolson »

This is my first time using Anime. These series of short cartoons where developed for a Highschool Assembly on the topic of illegal downloading of music. Any feed back would be great!

http://www.paulolson.com/donny/

Paul Olson
HassleHead

Post by HassleHead »

the animation is great. The whole thing is well done. I'm skeptical that kids are going to pay attention to the message, but that's a different matter -- that has more to do with my feeling that kids listen only to their friends and they'll immediately assume adults are behind the message. The animation is good, though, looks like a lot of work went into it. Congrats.
HOYBOYS

Post by HOYBOYS »

EXCELLENT in EVERY WAY! .... not much more to say! .... The HOYBOYS! :D :D
HAVE A LAUGH ON US! at www.hoyboys.net
HassleHead

Post by HassleHead »

The HoyBoys are right. I should have left my skepticism aside. The cartoon is great in every way. You should be very pleased.
paulolson

Post by paulolson »

Thank you guys, I appreciate all the critiquing!

The cartoons are intro pieces to actual video documentary on the processes to publishing a real song. The client was "ASCAP" The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers.

I hope to use Anime Studio Pro again in the near future, as I found the tools very powerful!
paulolson

Post by paulolson »

Anybody else have feedback? What else could i do to improve it?
Genete

Post by Genete »

Well done. Effective transmition of the message for the young people.
It could be improved in some aspects but will don't add nothing more to the base target.
Cheers.Genete
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

paulolson wrote:Anybody else have feedback? What else could i do to improve it?
For me, what's missing is a little humour. I've just watched the "Donny Gets it" episode, and it's all a bit...propaganda. The message has to be more subtle, I think.

What about portraying the ultimate consequence of everyone behaving like Donny? Donny is walking down the street, sees a bum begging for quarters, recognizes him/her as the artist whose work he was illegally downloading a few months previously. Donny helps to organize a concert to get this artist back on their feet -- realizes he has to prevent illegal recordings...He has to become "the man"! Where does it go from there? I don't know -- but at least the storyline is a bit more developed, and it's not just finger-wagging...

Just re-read the above, and it seems a bit harsh, because the quality of what you've done is fine. Its MEANT to be constructive criticism - hope you take it that way!

J
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?