Stickman and Cindy

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

arthbard

Stickman and Cindy

Post by arthbard »

I'm sure I'm not the first beginner to use stickpeople as a starting point, but here ya' go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF0OOj3fCj0.

The posts in this forum were a handy reference as I was trying to figure this whole animation thing out, so I thought I'd share.
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

This was indeed a very well talled story, great work, and very good animation, the pen picking up, the writing, and good audio, very funny!
and this is your first? incredible! :D
Genete

Post by Genete »

Wow! spectacular result for a begginer!. :shock: :shock:
I'm also a begginer and started with stick character too (see "My fisrt animation" topic) But in my case it was done using vector layer only.
Is wour work a image layer animation? or (i supouse not) made with a particular kind of brush?

Great story line. Well timed.

Thaks for share!

-Genete
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

This was awesome, even if you weren't a beginner. Good storyline, good emotion, clear performance. And that Monty Python foot at the end... Hilarious! You got five stars from me.
dreeko13

Post by dreeko13 »

very nice indeed!
HOYBOYS

Post by HOYBOYS »

EXCELLENT ARTHBARD...enjoyable from beginning to end...Nice Intro...Good Sync on the Pencil and good Sound Track...Also liked the Little Circus in his pants...All very FUNNY STUFF and VERY WELL PUT TOGETHER...You have a TALENT for STORYTELLING...Thanks for the Laughs and All the Best from The HOYBOYS! :D :D
HAVE A LAUGH ON US! at www.hoyboys.net
arthbard

Post by arthbard »

Thanks, everybody!

Yeah, this is the first for me, and a good learning experience, I think. I spent a fair deal of time previewing bits over and over, trying to get the timing just right. But it was time well-spent. Most of the feedback I've gotten on it has been generally positive but, more importantly, the whole thing was just a blast to make.
But in my case it was done using vector layer only.
Is wour work a image layer animation?
Yeah, it was all done with image layers. I really wanted the hand-drawn, penciled look, and I figured the best way to get it was to hand draw with a pencil. Apart from some invisible masking layers, I think the only actual vector I used was the blood under the foot.

The foot was acutally an afterthought, but I'm glad I threw it in there. People seem to like it. Even people who don't particularly know about Python, which kind of blows my mind.
Also liked the Little Circus in his pants
What I wouldn't give for a circus in my pants. Ladies dig ferris wheels, or so I'm told.
Swisher

Post by Swisher »

nice work, I love the tribute to Monty Pythons Flying Circus.
I hope i can do just as well. :P
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I just discovered this. It's still among the best work in AS, IMO.
toonertime

the circus in my pants

Post by toonertime »

my ferris wheel doesn't go very fast anymore

A great job in storytelling and execution!

I love simple animation, like Bruno Bozetto in
Neuro or Don Hertzfeldt

Give us more!
Ekimac

Post by Ekimac »

Hi Arthbard, I've searched YouTube and have found several entries by you, but none of them appear to be the one that inspired this thread. Having read all these glowing comments, I just have to see it! Could you point me in the right direction?

Many Thanks,
Ekimac
It's only a flesh wound . . .
DMacstudios

Post by DMacstudios »

Well done! I am looking forward to what else you will cook up. Keep going!
~If you can keep your head while around you all others are losing theirs, you have not understood the situation~
arthbard

Post by arthbard »

Thanks, guys. I wasn't expecting to see this thread bumped after all this time, but I guess I still have to say that Stickman and Cindy probably remains my favorite out of the handful of animations I've done since I started.

Ekimac - Unfortunately the video was apparently flagged as offensive on YouTube (go figure), so it can't be viewed without signing in. I just uploaded it to my web space, though, (at significantly better than YouTube resolution), so you can try downloading from one of the following links:

http://arthbard.com/stickmanandcindy.avi
http://arthbard.com/stickmanandcindy.MOV