La Reine Soleil

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

clay82es

Question

Post by clay82es »

Sorry, I have a question.

How many people were made this project film?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

CHIO wrote:Really its great piece of animation!!!!!!!!!!!!!
congratulations KEYGRIDS.
Look like very very good.
CHIO.
it's weird, but before animestudio be ready, i always read "Keygrid" too.
maybe it's something that happens with the spanish speakers... i don't know.
CHIO

Post by CHIO »

selgin wrote:
CHIO wrote:Really its great piece of animation!!!!!!!!!!!!!
congratulations KEYGRIDS.
Look like very very good.
CHIO.
it's weird, but before animestudio be ready, i always read "Keygrid" too.
maybe it's something that happens with the spanish speakers... i don't know.
GLUPP... :(

This is the word transformation order: :D
1. KeyGrids Pictures
2. GridKey Pictures
3. GreyKid Pictures

Thanks Selgin !!!
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Wow, what can you say about that. Professional and beautiful art and animation.
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
Freakish Kid

Hi All.

Post by Freakish Kid »

Hi everyone,

Firstly we'd like to thank everyone for their kind words. Its so rewarding when people like something that we've been working hard on.

The time spent making the 30 minutes of the film was around a year. It was a very crazy time and we found out a few things on the way. Subsiquently since we released our demo on line we have been inundated with work!

The film will be released in movie theatres across the world from next April. It's a great little film and the design and art direction, in my opinion, are simply stunning. The film has been directed by a well known French animation director Philippe Leclerc.

When we first met Philippe he was an ardant 2d animation man, no flash blah, blah, blah...

We produced a walk cycle for him then a test scene. Within a month we had a third of the film to produce in our beloved little piece of software!

Philippe had such a good expirience working with the animators in real time, he says it's as close to directing actors as he'll ever get, he no longer wants to animate with drawn animation again.

Good news for all us AS lovers!

Our team consisted of 3 animators, 4 model builders, 2 compositors, 2 vfx animators/compositors, 1 production personal and a project supervisor.

If theres anything in particular about the production you guys would like to know then ask away!

I know many of you would love to get your hands on some of our AS files, at the moment thats not possible (mainly because of copyright/film release issues) but watch this space for something extra special in the future!

GK
Draw_Girl

Post by Draw_Girl »

I'll be waiting and watching!! :D :D
dreeko13

Post by dreeko13 »

very very nice......would love to see how the characters are put together..vectors, bones, the lot!.........im outside your house sitting on your step and im not going away until i can see your files!............oh alright i'll go quietly......
donnie

Post by donnie »

That looks very special indeed well done to you and all your employees GreyKid! Ill be keeping a close watch out for the Film!

Ive been trumpeting the benefits of AS to all the people I know in the industry for a while now with a lot of people saying it could never do any 'high-end' animation. I think your trailer just shut a load of them up....

I would be eternally grateful to see some of your AS files and better understand your workflow- please let it be sooner rather than later as I would love to convince my bosses to let us use AS in our next project! (which would be happening V. soon)

thank you and keep up the excellent work!

Donnie
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Isn't it great? Man, these dudes have really pushed AS to the next level. Just goes to show, although the software is superb; it's not really the software, but who's using the software. AS, of course, could do stuff that exceeds even GREYKIDS' work. I reckon the dudes at GREYKIDS could even outdo themselves further and produce something 10x more stunning and amazing.

Seriously.
dreeko13

Post by dreeko13 »

Id love to know what the "something special" is that greykid is working on and what is the secret thing that is in discussion with lost marble (refering to a post greykid made in september)

or are they both the same thing?

i hate being kept in suspenders...........and suspence
Grayhem

Just started with A S pro 5

Post by Grayhem »

I would very much like to learn how to use anime studio in the way that greykid pictures have - have you ( greykid pictures ) any example files or ANYTHING that could help those of us just starting out, but that have been inspired to start, seeing just what can be done.

I saw your 2 example movies on the e-frontier website, and saw the potential of this software, but I would really like to know just what is REALLY involved in doing animation like this. Any tutorials in the pipeline, or some free AS files to pick apart?

Do you do the fire effects in Anime or in something else?
Thanks for any help that you can give - I appreciate it!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Just started with A S pro 5

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Grayhem wrote:Do you do the fire effects in Anime or in something else?
i'm not sure, but i think i read the fire was made in another software.
slice11217

Re: Hi All.

Post by slice11217 »

GreyKid Pictures wrote:Hi everyone,

If theres anything in particular about the production you guys would like to know then ask away!

I know many of you would love to get your hands on some of our AS files, at the moment thats not possible (mainly because of copyright/film release issues) but watch this space for something extra special in the future!

GK
Firstly, fantastic work guys! I can't wait to see it! It's amazing to see what a little software that originally cost only $100 can do! Also, the fact that you did it with only 11 or 12 people is a real bonus too!

I understand that you can't post your projects due to copyrights etc., so I guess I'll settle for the next best thing: I'll simply ask you to explain, how's that?

I've been just dying to know how you did your rotations, head rotations, etc. Was that all keyed on the drawing layer? I usually set up my projects to start on the first frame of the first second (rather than at frame 0). I do this to set up any pre-animations and keyframes that I know I'll need later. Is this what you did for your rotations and mouth positions?

Thanks,

Slice
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

I'd like to see an example file or something...that'd be nice.
Brent Lowrie

Post by Brent Lowrie »

I must whole-heartedly agree with all the positive feedback!

This is my first post to the forum. I have been using AS since it was Moho 4 but haven't had time to use it as much as I would like as most of my clients want Flash or 3D. After seeing your work in AS I am newly inspired and have re-committed my R&D time and my pipeline to AS. I look forward to learning more about your set-up and pipeline.

Keep up the great work! Cheers!
Brent Lowrie
Anomaly Animation Studios
www.anomalyanimation.com