Óscar, the camel without eyelids.

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Óscar, the camel without eyelids.

Post by Víctor Paredes »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfrf__0FI0w

if you want to download the .moho (includes a 3d obj)
http://www.freewebs.com/tazatriste/mohos/camello.rar

thanks for feedback
gnat

Post by gnat »

I'm always a fan of your work and the originality of the material posted to youtube.

Overall, it is a very nice sequence, and very evocative. I find the walk of this camel a bit awkward. I looked at this video of a camel, and realize that they have forward facing front knees and backward facing rear knees:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 5367389673

Regards,

Gnat
Visit Pappy's Blog, home of Pappy the wonder terrier!!!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

thank you!
it's true, i made that the camel walking as a dog... thank for the video ( i didn't researched before make the animation... i said to my self... ok, all the four legs animals walks similar...)

i will repair the video and upload again soon.
thanks!
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

How would a camel without eyelids make out in a sandstorm...?
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
MarkBorok

Post by MarkBorok »

It's always dangerous to assume that all four-legged animals are built along the same lines. Not too long ago I did what I thought was a nice horse gallop, then I looked up some reference material and realized that horses gallop with the hind legs hitting the ground first, followed by the front hooves. I had animated mine galloping like a dog or cat, with the front hooves coming down first, followed by the rear ones.

Of course, I probably don't need to mention that Eadweard Muybridge is a great source for animal movement. Another book I found useful is "Tezuka school of Animation Vol.2 Animals in Motion". You might want to look it up on Amazon.
HOYBOYS

Post by HOYBOYS »

VERY NICE WORK....It's not easy to make anything walk in Animation...much easier to make them run....We did an Animation about an 800 Lb. cowboy on a horse...It took me 3 days just to get the horse to walk and not look RETARDED!...anyway...we gave you 5 STARS on Youtube....WHY?...because YOU DESERVE IT!....anybody that can make a Camel walk is OK in our book....Keep at it...because you've got STYLE!!!.............The HOYBOYS! :D :D
HAVE A LAUGH ON US! at www.hoyboys.net