Death From Above is FINISHED!!!

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

spoooze!

Death From Above is FINISHED!!!

Post by spoooze! »

After almost a YEAR of hard work, my animated Sci-Fi/Action movie 'Death From Above' is finally completed.
The animation is not the best, but it's a BIIIIG step up from Lucky Bob's Time Machine made up for with the good voice acting.

The WHOLE MOVIE is on the site.You can stream it and you don't have to download multiple parts.

For all those who just watched it in parts up until "Part 5": WATCH IT ALL THE WAY THROUGH. I garantee you'll get A LOT more out of it then just fast forwarding to where you left off.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy :D I had a lot of fun working on this. A sequel is in the works. The same director is writing and directing, it'll be good, if not better, then this.

Anyway, enjoy! Vote in the poll after you've watched it!

http://www.freewebs.com/jtn1989/deathfromabove.htm

James
Postality

Post by Postality »

Good job spoooze

While I agree the artwork isn't that of a pro in this series it definately has some sort of feel that makes you want to watch every part you release.

like I said before, sometimes it's not the graphics that push the envelope, it's the creative structure and what sells.

Try rotoscoping (tracing) some people and then modify them into something of your own. good place to start is pictures of yourself.

It will help you with the art aspect of your animations, and make you a better artist once you do it enough.

well I'm off to watch the complete thing now since I don't remember alot of it.

Thanx for sharing.
Anime Studio - Ultimate Game Graphics
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

I LOVED this! The art and animation could've been better, but it was carried along by a strong story. You nailed the dramatic tension perfectly. Just loved that bathroom scene when Jack had to make a decision about his son. Or when Jill started crying over the radio in the climactic finale. I didn't like that you had them riding around in flying cars, or that you had wizards performing magic spells, but aside from that the story unfolded realistically.

And the voice acting was excellent. I was especially pleased that everyone played it straight, as if these horrible events were really happening instead of cracking out campy one-liners.

If you can get the visuals to match the quality of the rest of the movie, you might get some serious attention.

Anyway fantastic job! I haven't seen all of your movies but this was definitely my favorite.
spoooze!

Post by spoooze! »

This is the director's (Brad Ramsey's) favorite movie he's worked on. He absolutly loves it.

The flying cars were a bad idea. I agree. I was going for a futuristic feel but I think I could've done that better.
Maybe in the sequel I'll have cars that just hover a few inches above the ground or design the cars that don't look like somthing from The Jetsons.
Try rotoscoping (tracing) some people and then modify them into something of your own. good place to start is pictures of yourself.

It will help you with the art aspect of your animations, and make you a better artist once you do it enough.
That's a good idea! Thanks.
-----

Now I'm off to bigger and better things!

James 8)
Jeronimus

Post by Jeronimus »

Hey, that was a pretty nice movie. Sure, it could've been better, but it was nice. I should say though that there was one thing that I hated, and that was the music. It wasn't even consistenly hateable, it was just hateable in the beginning, and after that, the music just STOPPED at moments. Not to mention though, that those songs in the beginning annoyed the crap out of me. It is probably a rule that you do not put songs that have vocals in it when some character is talking. It makes it completely impossible to hear what is being said.
Luckily you stopped doing it after the three songs in the start, and then there was no music at times. There were scenes when I thought "god, damn, this needs music, it just isn't right without it!". About every scene that had the monsters in it, really. The tension was lost at times, because there wasn't any music.

Also the ending struck me as odd, couldn't he have laid down the bomb, run out quickly, and explode it then? He managed to have a conversation with his ex-wife, while being plagued by some monsters, so he could've used that time to get out. He wasn't even surrounded, the monsters were all on the other side of the rock.

Mmh, well, some positive feedback maybe; it managed to keep me interested. Also, don't take all of my whining too serious, because I can't stand most films that are liked by the majority.

... though when it comes to movies about alien thingys, I've appreciated War of the Worlds. The only problem with that movie was that it had a nice idea for the end, but it was exported crappily. It did have Tom Cruise though. Well, so did Minority Report and that was about the worst plot I'd ever seen...

Right! Ehm. Good job, spoooze-y.
GoChris1

Post by GoChris1 »

Very entertaining! I liked the story the best. Great title, too... but since the bad creatures are found underground, shouldn't it be called Death From Below? Of course, that's not as good a title... I liked the idea of spores that grow inside people, and the whole movie was paced really well. And I liked the design of the army guys. All in all, James and Brad have a lot to be proud of here, and I hope they keep making films!

GoChris
spoooze!

Post by spoooze! »

GoChris1 wrote:Very entertaining! I liked the story the best. Great title, too... but since the bad creatures are found underground, shouldn't it be called Death From Below? Of course, that's not as good a title... I liked the idea of spores that grow inside people, and the whole movie was paced really well. And I liked the design of the army guys. All in all, James and Brad have a lot to be proud of here, and I hope they keep making films!

GoChris
It's called 'Death from Above' because when Jack finds the journal it tells about the monk seeing lightning strinking the creature from the sky.
So the 'Death' part is not refering to the humans.... but to the creatures who were killed 'From Above'.

lol I really need to put a FAQ page for 'Death From Above' on the site lol.

I'm actually releasing a teaser trailer today for my next movie. Check the forums!

James 8)
HOYBOYS

Post by HOYBOYS »

GREAT WORK SPOOOZE!.....Your EPIC "DEATH FROM ABOVE" is finally finished...must feel good to finally have it all in the can after so much work! We thought the ending was TERRIFIC...Thought for sure that MIKE would come back to life and everybody would be happy...Your ending is MUCH BETTER!...Keep up the GREAT WORK and all the best to everyone that worked on your project!....THE HOYBOYS give it "TWO THUMBS UP!" :D :D
HAVE A LAUGH ON US! at www.hoyboys.net
spoooze!

Post by spoooze! »

HOYBOYS wrote:GREAT WORK SPOOOZE!.....Your EPIC "DEATH FROM ABOVE" is finally finished...must feel good to finally have it all in the can after so much work! We thought the ending was TERRIFIC...Thought for sure that MIKE would come back to life and everybody would be happy...Your ending is MUCH BETTER!...Keep up the GREAT WORK and all the best to everyone that worked on your project!....THE HOYBOYS give it "TWO THUMBS UP!" :D :D
Thanks HOYBOYS! Glad you guys liked it!
James 8)