Animator At Work...

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Jeronimus

Animator At Work...

Post by Jeronimus »

Judging by my previous postings there's nothing that's managed to interest anyone, and I don't know why this'd change it. Why bother posting, eh...

But well. It's from one of the projects I'm working on, and yes, I'm working on quite some projects. Its current title is "Giants", the script is done, the voices aren't really done yet, but some of the 'art' (or whatever it is to be called) is also done already...

So, here we see an animator working on an animation, and a scriptwriter who's going to be saying random annoying crap.

Another shot of the same room, also intended for this film.

PLEASE comment!
Bones3D

Post by Bones3D »

You ever seen the series O'Grady on the Noggin' channel? It's from the same guys that created the popular Home Movies series for Cartoon Network's Adult Swim programming block.

O'Grady IMDb page
- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0423705/

Your artwork has a similar feel to that seen in the show.

Anyway, if you ever get around to watching it, pay special attention to the relationship between Harold and Kevin. It sounds very similar to what you are trying to accomplish with these characters.
8==8 Bones 8==8
GoChris1

Post by GoChris1 »

Looks good to me! The designs seem simple, but remember, simple is sometimes better. After all, animation is about movement, isn't it? It's not about drawing. Looks like you're off to a good start.

GoChris
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

...animation is about movement, isn't it? It's not about drawing...
Whaaattt???!!!??? :shock:
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Jeronimus

Post by Jeronimus »

There's a slight case of true-ness in that quote, but not completely. Because can you have awesome animation if your figures look like crap? It seems difficult to me.

So, animation is about movement, but I believe the way things look is also pretty relevant. I do agree with you that my characters are pretty simple (though I've made slightly more complex; check out the "Musical Monsters in Moho" topic to see that)

Bones3D, never heard of O'Grady. I don't know if I could check it out anytime, but if you'd know a place where I could get a still frame from it or something I could see what you're talking about.
Kayambila

Never Give Up...

Post by Kayambila »

Good work. I also believe that animation is not "always" about drawing. Why? Cuz you can make an "animation" of a dot or text bouncing accross the screen, and Voila!! I think whats essential is a strong storyline... Watch death from above. Its got simple drawings, yet a very powerful storyline (and great voice work too!) And so far it's my #1 moho animation...

Just keep doing what you gotto do and what works for you. After all Its possible to draw in disney style. Never give up!! :wink:
Over and out!!
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

There's a slight case of true-ness in that quote, but not completely.
No, there is no "true-ness" whatsoever in that statement. If a drawing looks like crap, it doesn't matter how well it moves, it's going to be crap. It's so obvious it isn't even worth debating...

J
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Bones3D

Post by Bones3D »

Jeronimus wrote:Bones3D, never heard of O'Grady. I don't know if I could check it out anytime, but if you'd know a place where I could get a still frame from it or something I could see what you're talking about.
Here's a quicktime clip I found on the net. The audio's not great, but it gives you a general idea of the show itself.

- http://laurenharman.com/movies/robobaby.mov
(4.9MB Quicktime movie)
8==8 Bones 8==8
Kayambila

Post by Kayambila »

jahnocli: ...If a drawing looks like crap, it doesn't matter how well it moves...
While this is true, I think you're missing the point.

If we're talking bout simplicity here as opposed to crap, then the statement,
simple is sometimes better. After all, animation is about movement... It's not about drawing.
is correct in its context... I hope I dont sound like am debating. Just tryna put us all on the same track here... :idea:
Over and out!!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

wait, wait... animation has many things about, as any art piece.
of course animation is about drawing. i don't think we should discuss this point.

you must have too a good script (please, script is the 50% or 90% of your animation), a good storyboard (in which all scenes have a why), and a good animated think.
animating is not only to put bones.
Kayambila

True!

Post by Kayambila »

True True True... Well I just had to say something... :lol:
Over and out!!
MarkBorok

Post by MarkBorok »

You can find both seasons of O'Grady on iTunes, although I'm not sure it's available outside the U.S.

For the record, I worked at the same studio and tried to turn them onto Moho.