First complete "thing" in Moho 5...

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

musajoe

First complete "thing" in Moho 5...

Post by musajoe »

Here is my first complete "section/clip" of video created using Moho 5.
The bear was created in Flash and imported into moho for rigging and animation.

The scene was put together in Flash and exported as a .swf. I used Swf to viedo to convert the .swf into a .avi.

I used AE to put a film overlay on the .avi to soften it up a bit. You need to have flash 7 to view this since it is in the .flv format.

http://home.comcast.net/~rayjon3/flash/MicCheck.html
CHIO

Post by CHIO »

Very Nice style !!! :D

Regards,

CHIO ANIMATION
www.freepgs.com/chio
musajoe

Moho comic strip...

Post by musajoe »

I have to clean some things up and tighten up the audio but I'm making some progress:

http://home.comcast.net/~rayjon3/flash/ ... ipOne.html

It took one week to do do " pre-production" and another week to complete the scenes. I have another 2 or 3 days to go on this before it done.
Mendi

Post by Mendi »

Nice short! I specially like the color and the lip sync, but I'd keep on working on the animation, to achieve a less static appearance.
Greetings.
musajoe

animated version of an old print comic strip I did...

Post by musajoe »

Here is my animated version of an old print comic strip I did.

Here is the print strip that I used as my starting point:

<http://home.comcast.net/~rayjon3/flash/CubsWinDone.swf>

Here is the animated version
(requires Flash player 7 - the .flv file is 15 mb):

<http://home.comcast.net/~rayjon3/flash/ ... Strip.html>

I used Flash 2004 Pro to draw everything. Anything that had to be animated was export as an .ai file and imported into Moho. Everything else was turned into a movieclip and archived in the library.

I used Moho 5.0 to do all the character animation. This was fun to do using Moho 5.0. The Moho interface was daunting at first but once you complete a project in Moho everything makes sense.

Using bones to animate made things fun. It was really cool to see how the final Moho .swf file looked once I imported it into flash. Very cool.

I used Flash Pro 2004 to put everything together and use the timeline, actionscript (random eye blinks) and motion tweens (sky) to animate some things. I used Flashamp, Goldwave and actionscript to lip sync. I used SoundForge to change the pitch of the voices. My wife did the voices for the bear and priaire dog. I did the voice for the otter.

I used swf2video to create .avi from my finished .swf files. I had to do this since I used actionscript to animate things ( eye blinks and lip-sync).

I used AE 6 and Magic bullet to give the flash produced .avi files a "less flashy" look. I used Camtasia to put the film together and add a gradient transition. The Camtasia .flv file was then include as part of a .flv player that was created in flash. I also played with Sorenson Squeeze to optimize ( make smaller) my .flv file. I'm still figuring this part out. The player ( a html file and .swf file) is a shell the plays my cartoon .flv file on the server.

Overall it was a fun project to take my static print stuff and make it animated. Using a tablet PC made this project fun. I could watch MNF, ESPN, The History Channel or CN while working on my animation! How cool is that!!! This project took me 2 1/2 week to complete. My next project is to write a 7 minute script and produce it using what I've learned.
musajoe

animated version of an old print comic strip I did...

Post by musajoe »

Here are the links. They did not hyperlink in the first post

Here is the print strip that I used as my starting point:

http://home.comcast.net/~rayjon3/flash/CubsWinDone.swf

Here is the animated version
(requires Flash player 7 - the .flv file is 15 mb):

http://home.comcast.net/~rayjon3/flash/ ... Strip.html
TDolce

Post by TDolce »

I hope you weren't that difficult to work with seeing that you supervised yourself!!! (LOL!!!)

Really nice work!!! Thanks for sharing it! the movement is really smooth. I like it!!! I like your art work too. Lip synchingis right on!

td
Todd Dolce
musajoe

I've got my eye on.... myself?

Post by musajoe »

Thanks TDolce,

I hope to do a longer animation as my next project. I have to keep an eye on myself at times.. :lol:

I am learning how to create 3d versions of my characters using Swift 3D.

I want to model in Swift 3D and import the 3d files in Moho to animate. Moho's bone system is tops. Swift 3D's way of animating is not as good as the Moho Bones system.

I could use Maya or Lightwave but I just can't "get my arms around" Maya's or Lightwave's IK system. I "get" Moho's bones system.

I just have to find a way to make everything work. :shock:
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

musajoe, I just wanted to be sure you know: Although Moho's bone system can be used to control 3D models, the bones are a 2D layer and can only move a 3D object in two dimensions.

Although Moho has gotten some more 3D features, it definitely isn't a replacement for a 3D character animation program. Go ahead and try it, I just wanted to make sure you knew this.
Mendi

Post by Mendi »

In addition, Swift 3d modelling system has improved since last version but it's still from the Ice Age :?
Greetings.