Comic Manga Project

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

clay82es

Comic Manga Project

Post by clay82es »

There are other Screenshots about my project.

Thank you very much guys.
Bones3D

Post by Bones3D »

Looks good! Been looking for different ways to approach anime styles in animation for a while now. (Both 3D and 2D.)

Are you doing the shading by hand with masking? I'd like to see more on the construction. 8)
8==8 Bones 8==8
clay82es

Shading

Post by clay82es »

I made the shading in the Shape effects. All the shadows were maked shape by shape. And the shadow in the nose it´s a union points by points tool.
After I apply the shading in black colour and down a little opacity.
HOYBOYS

Post by HOYBOYS »

:twisted: SINISTER....I LIKE IT!............JOHN HOY
HAVE A LAUGH ON US! at www.hoyboys.net
Bones3D

Post by Bones3D »

After playing around with various shading settings and experimenting with masking, I think I'm starting to figure out how to recreate the anime look using Moho:

It was a bit complicated at first, but moho is surprisingly efficient for this kind of work... even more so than most page layout apps I've worked with.

In case anyone is interested, I've uploaded the Moho project file for this character:

- http://www.bones3d.com/moho/anime.moho
(273KB Moho 5.3 document)

I've also come up with a few ideas for animating characters like this, such as creating hair in layers so it can be animated using the bone tools. This also opens up other possibilities, such as introducing physics to a character's hair using bone dynamics, allowing it to respond to your character's movements.
8==8 Bones 8==8
spoooze!

Post by spoooze! »

I downloaded the file. Can't wait to sdee it boned :D
James 8)
Bones3D

Post by Bones3D »

Here's a test run of a layered/boned hair model. I'll try combining bone dynamics with head motion later on when I have more time.

And here is the boned version of the project file:

- http://www.bones3d.com/moho/anime2.moho
(321KB Moho 5.3 document)

This definitely has a lot of potential waiting to be unleashed. 8)
8==8 Bones 8==8
Bones3D

Post by Bones3D »

Here's an initial full-fledge animation of the character I've been working on:

Unlike the previous project, the hair has not been boned, but manually shape-animated. It's not quite at the point I'd like to have it at yet, but it's getting very close.
8==8 Bones 8==8
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Looks great! For me, there are two unconvincing elements: the lack of perspective distortion in the eyes when the head dips down, and the movement of hair behind the head -- those shapes look more like bananas than hanks of hair. Have you tried animating the hair separately in a different program? I sometimes use Tweenmaker. It's great value, and terrific for really flowing movement like hair and clothes.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

Looks great. Bravo.
Bones3D

Post by Bones3D »

Yeah, this is a work in progress.

Right now, the background hair is a set of eight shape objects that are mostly being manipulated through rotation and transitioning. I'm still trying to get a feel for hair physics before moving to boned versions.

So far, newtonian physics suggests hair on an object accelerating upwards will pull downward and tighten closer at the bottom, while hair on an object accelerating downwards will briefly pull upward and fan out.

Near as I can tell, it seems to work. (At least on the bangs, anyway.)
8==8 Bones 8==8
HOYBOYS

Post by HOYBOYS »

EXCELLENT BONES3D!!!....GREAT EYES AND HAIR....You are definitely a Dedicated Animator....Your hard works shows through!...Keep up the Great Work and All the Best from the HOYBOYS!......................JOHN HOY. :D
HAVE A LAUGH ON US! at www.hoyboys.net
hardsoftmty

Muy bien

Post by hardsoftmty »

Hola me parece bueno tu trabajo, yo tambien estoy utilizando moho para un proyecto similar de ranma 1/2

Image[/img]