my first go

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Krilik

my first go

Post by Krilik »

I'm a new Moho user and I've been trying techniques to see which ones I like. So I just want to run these quick renders by you guys to see how well I'm doing :lol: The animated files are all GIFs.

Turning Head
This one is my first animation that I completed. I was trying to get a good head turning animation and it didn't turn out how I wanted. The animation isn't very natural because I animated the head turning and then added in animated pupils. When I should have had the pupils move first like a person would really look at something.

These two images are from a cartoon called The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. A test to see if I can get the same cartoon style.

Spike Spiegel
This is my most recent animation. It's the character Spike Spiegel from the anime Cowboy Bebop. I was trying to see if I could add a little more realism to the picture by making shadows on them. When I started I had initially filled in shapes of darker color within the same layer, and after a few frustrations I decided I was going to go at it a simpler way later.

Tell me what you guys think.
Postality

Post by Postality »

Nice job.

The only thing I would suggest with the turning head is to fix the eyes a bit (The whole eye). It seems that the eyes are still moving when the head stops rotating.

Other then that I like them.
Anime Studio - Ultimate Game Graphics
james

Post by james »

Nice work...the suttle movements really work best. The Grimm and Mandy drawings look perfect!
James Bernardinelli
Big Castle Productions
"Quality cartoons in bad taste."
www.bigcastleproductions.com
james@bigcastleproductions.com
spasmodic_cheese

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

random comment:

i watched that show on 4am sunday (late night with some mates)
on channel 7 or 9 in perth, australia.

I was dissapointed, it had the potential to be funny but it seemed very bland...
Krilik

Post by Krilik »

Thanks for the input guys.

Postality wrote:Nice job.

The only thing I would suggest with the turning head is to fix the eyes a bit (The whole eye). It seems that the eyes are still moving when the head stops rotating.

Other then that I like them.
My friend had pointed that out to me when I first showed him. I went back into Moho and went frame by frame to see if I could fix the problem, but it was too hard to notice the movement when the animation wasn't running. I'll probably fix it when I try animating her eyes blinking and adding in detailed features to the eye.

james wrote:Nice work...the suttle movements really work best. The Grimm and Mandy drawings look perfect!
Thanks! I have a little brother who loves that show and he was really excited when I first showed him what I had did.

spasmodic_cheese wrote:random comment:

i watched that show on 4am sunday (late night with some mates)
on channel 7 or 9 in perth, australia.

I was dissapointed, it had the potential to be funny but it seemed very bland...
You should give it another chance :lol: It's one of my favorite cartoons.
spasmodic_cheese

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

will do ;) *sets his alarm*