Dollar Dog & Timmy

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

gtcable

Dollar Dog & Timmy

Post by gtcable »

Here's something I've just completed using Moho for almost all the graphics. I composited the animation and video with AfterEffects.

Notice the lip synch. :lol: I manually did the lip synching in Moho. It looks so much cleaner that the layer switching you get from lip synching software.

ENJOY!

http://www.mps-twcable.com/video-files/ ... larDog.mov

:roll:
spoooze!

Post by spoooze! »

Very nicely done!
James 8)
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Yeah, well done!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Great job!

Yes... "hand done" lip synch is the "holy grail"... if only I had the time. I had to do 7 solid minutes of lip synch... there was no way I was going to do it all by hand.

You can use the interpolation switch layers with papagayo for lip synch (as long as all the layers are the same mesh) which is what I do. It gives the same kind of smooth motion... but you can't "easily" tweak the expressions... for say an exagerated mouth position... I have to do that manually, I create altnernate sets of mouth positions for exagerated motion... it is still a lot faster when you have ton of lip synch.

-vern
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Nicely done!
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Well done, I like it! :D
abax

Post by abax »

wow :shock: ! That is Great! How long did it take you for such work?
gtcable

Thank You for the Kind Praise

Post by gtcable »

Overall it took me about 40 hours worth of work.

3/4 of which were spent builting the two sets. Also learning how to build them so that they'd do what I needed them to do. Thanks to some of the posts from this forum I was able to hammer out the bugs.

Thanks again for the Papagayo tip heyvern. If I have a larger project in the future I'll be sure to put that to use. With 30 second spots manual lip synching is relatively easy.

That is one of the wonderfull things about Moho. I've now learned to use the bone system to generalize the movements I'm looking for. After all that is done I then go back and animated just the vector points to tweak to perfection.

:oops: I love this program. :oops: