Mr. Lumpkin- Update - File included!

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Therm0s

Mr. Lumpkin- Update - File included!

Post by Therm0s »

Howdy.
Mr. Lumpkin is a WIP character painted with Artrage and assembled in Moho. He's the guy down the street with the old rusty car and the unfriendly disposition. I'm still working on bones and switches for the mouth, but I think this one might actually come together! Right now, all the parts are just layers and move fine, but I think some bones could improve this a bit.
Suggestions/Crits welcome!

Closeup Detail:

Cheers
Therm0s
Last edited by Therm0s on Tue May 16, 2006 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
CrAzY Dan

Post by CrAzY Dan »

This is really good! How long did it take to draw up ?

Dan :wink:
15 year old Anime Studio user...
27/12/06: Im back and ready to get creating again!!
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Very nice character, I use ArtRage too and I'm in to making some animatons with it, a very powerfull paintprogram. I would love to see some animations with your character when you're done rigging.
Good work!!
suggestions: I think you should try to make the eyebrowse follow the eye movements, maybe you already have thought about it, that was what I thought about when I saw this
Therm0s

Post by Therm0s »

Thanks!

All told, the charachter took a couple of hours. I'm still learning how to paint using Artrage, so it might have gone faster if I knew what was I was doing. Started as a doodle with no plan to make a poseable character - it just kind of turned out that way. All told, I think I'm going to have fun between AR and Moho. Hopefully I can pull something together
DetoNaToR

Post by DetoNaToR »

How do you import ArtRage files into moho?
Therm0s

Post by Therm0s »

DetoNaToR:
I don't know for sure if you can do it with the free version, but the full version of Artrage allows you to use layers and export each layer as a separate image. If you use transparent layers [default] and save them individually as as .png files, you can drag the layers directly into Moho as new image layers, or use the "file => import" menu. I advise cropping the images a bit with some imaging program before you bring them into Moho if you're planning to deform with bones.

So far, it's been pretty slick!
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Looks cool, nice style. I played with ArtRage a bit but hadn't thought of using it to create characters - sort of fixated on vector shapes. Will have to try this some day soon.
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Hi ThermOs!
I made a short artrage-moho attempt here if you would like to see it.
http://www.musikboden.se/other%20projec ... ge24_2.mov
Therm0s

Mr. Lumpkin - UPDATE - File Included!

Post by Therm0s »

Very Nice! Audio and everything! I'd call that proof of concept. Well played. I didn't know that Moho could drop shadows off of transparent image layers! That'll come in handy. Moho developers = brilliant! 8)

In Lumpkin Land:
I've "finished" the rigging (at least as far as I'm likely to go with this impromptu charachter). He's moving around pretty well! A little rough around the edges, but I think he's useable.

Check him out if you like. (1.12mb zip file):

HERE

Free n' clear for the public. It's my hope that someone can find a home for him or learn something from this. If you do use it, please let me know! I want to see!

Cheers to all,

Therm0s