talking heads

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ralphrubbish

talking heads

Post by ralphrubbish »

ImageImage
100% moho made. doing some little lipsync animations for work and i convinced them to use moho. i've got some head turns and blinks and stuff - still experimenting with it to try and make it look like natural movements. i'll put up an animated clip once i get a little closer.
Last edited by ralphrubbish on Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
sacrejacques

Post by sacrejacques »

nice! I like the hair and shading.
It looks like the person who comes up on the screen and gives the heros a briefing of their mission.

If your seeking critique I'd say they look a little lifeless, but they could probably look a better once they're animated.
[AIPstuMA&A]franman

Post by [AIPstuMA&A]franman »

i concur, the shading of the person is really good, i might need to try something like what you did for my own animation, obviously not the exact same thing, but maybe to bring some more shape to their faces like you have here

thanks and keep up the good work
The Art Institutes' "Moho Guy" as called by my animation teacher...
ralphrubbish

Post by ralphrubbish »

here's a little animation.
let me know what you think...any ideas or comments are welcome!
Last edited by ralphrubbish on Sat May 06, 2006 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

I think it's excellent done, with the eyebrowse expressing the feelings too, and the thrilling music fits very well, very well done!
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

The character is wonderful. Beautifully done.

I love the shading... it has made me realize I may be over complicating some of my own use of Moho.

However... I was just a teeny tiny bit dissapointed with the lip synch sample.

I can't tell if it is done using just the simplistic audio wave form lip synch technique... or if uses Papagayo. The mouth motions are all the same... or close... need more exageration.

I understand that the sound sample is spoken softly... but... it still needs some more "punch".

It suffers from the same complaint that Final Fantasy movie had... beautiful characters... until they talk. ;)

-Vern
ralphrubbish

Post by ralphrubbish »

thank you guys for the comments!

yes, the lip sync is fairly poor, but i'm afraid its gonna have to be something kinda close to this. this sample clip was actually from the neverending story and i just used the automatic lip sync built into moho...the childlike empress is pretty softspoken so the mouth shapes do not vary much, but hopefully the audio files for the final product will have some more dynamics. i have about 3000 audio files to transfer to these moho talking heads, so unfortunately using papagayo and doing it by hand is out of the question. having said that, i did change up the mouth shapes for variation a little bit since doing this test and i think it is looking a little better.
Last edited by ralphrubbish on Thu May 04, 2006 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Ah! Yes I understand...

3000... yeehaa. Papagayo is good... but that is a ton of work. I did 7 minutes worth in about a week... and if you don't have transcriptions... ouch. Maybe version "2"?
;)

The one thing I notice about "wave form" lip synch... you sometimes get "double hits" on strong consonants... like "S" and "T".

Maybe you can "smooth" out the sound files since you only need the highs and lows. It might smooth out those consonants.

Look forward to seeing more with this character.

-Vern