VirtiGames

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

spoooze!

VirtiGames

Post by spoooze! »

Hello,
I just finished my newest animated movie. VirtiGames.
I'd appreciate feedback.

http://www.freewebs.com/jtn1989/virtigames.htm

This is my LEAST favorite film I've done. For some reason, my voice acting is not that great in this one...

Here's a list of the cast:

Me as:
Torei
Kurintu
Ninja Fighters

Brad Ramsey as:
Mashu
Dr. Pasukaru

Enchantma as:
Jeimi

James 8)
CrAzY Dan

Post by CrAzY Dan »

That was awesome! Loved the movie and the animation.

One thing i do wanna say is that you don't use many sound effects like the chink when swords bash together. That's all.

Oh and where do you get your music? Do you make it yourself?

Dan :wink:
15 year old Anime Studio user...
27/12/06: Im back and ready to get creating again!!
spoooze!

Post by spoooze! »

CrAzY Dan wrote:That was awesome! Loved the movie and the animation.

One thing i do wanna say is that you don't use many sound effects like the chink when swords bash together. That's all.

Oh and where do you get your music? Do you make it yourself?

Thanks!

Yeah, I need to work on sound effects.

The fight music I made myself and the end song was sent to me by the director.

James 8)
CrAzY Dan

Post by CrAzY Dan »

What program do you use to make the music?

15 year old Anime Studio user...
27/12/06: Im back and ready to get creating again!!
spoooze!

Post by spoooze! »

CrAzY Dan wrote:What program do you use to make the music?

GarageBand. It's a Mac only program.
James 8)
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Well, since Lucky Bob isn't in it, I guess I'll have to check it out.... LOL
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

I know it's bad form to quote yourself but...
jorgy wrote:Well, since Lucky Bob isn't in it, I guess I'll have to check it out.... LOL
First, Lucky Bob was in it, even if only on the television that was playing! :-)

As always, the animation itself keeps getting better. Lots of little details this time make it more professional looking to me, like the eyeblinks for example. Overall, this was a lot of fun!

From a filmmaking point of view, there are still some things that really stand out. For example, there seem to be a lot of crossfades, especially where there maybe should be simple cuts. I still seem to be waiting for the next clip or scene to begin. It could probably be 3/4 as long as it is now, without losing anything at all.

The voicework seemed to be fine to me - was there something in particular you didn't like? Or maybe it was just because Lucky Bob wasn't it it. LOL

A minor nitpick - in the opening shot, if the house has a shadow, the trees should have a shadow too.

I hope that as you think about your next projects, maybe you can think about doing something completely different, just to expand your horizons. One of my favorite animations: (of course, this is hand drawn, and probably couldn't be done easily in moho, but I look at it often for inspiration)

The Monk and the Fish:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uk2tJhdTTw&eurl=

jorgy
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

What a beautiful animation!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
spoooze!

Post by spoooze! »

jorgy wrote:I know it's bad form to quote yourself but...
jorgy wrote:Well, since Lucky Bob isn't in it, I guess I'll have to check it out.... LOL
First, Lucky Bob was in it, even if only on the television that was playing! :-)

As always, the animation itself keeps getting better. Lots of little details this time make it more professional looking to me, like the eyeblinks for example. Overall, this was a lot of fun!

From a filmmaking point of view, there are still some things that really stand out. For example, there seem to be a lot of crossfades, especially where there maybe should be simple cuts. I still seem to be waiting for the next clip or scene to begin. It could probably be 3/4 as long as it is now, without losing anything at all.

The voicework seemed to be fine to me - was there something in particular you didn't like? Or maybe it was just because Lucky Bob wasn't it it. LOL

A minor nitpick - in the opening shot, if the house has a shadow, the trees should have a shadow too.

I hope that as you think about your next projects, maybe you can think about doing something completely different, just to expand your horizons. One of my favorite animations: (of course, this is hand drawn, and probably couldn't be done easily in moho, but I look at it often for inspiration)

The Monk and the Fish:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uk2tJhdTTw&eurl=

jorgy
lol, then I guess you'll be sad to hear we're working on a Lucky Bob's Time Machine 2...
The good thing is, it'll be written by Brad Ramsey who is a better comedy writer than myself.

Technically, it was only Evil Barney that was on the TV, Lucky Bob was no where to be found lol.

Yeah, my partner (Brad) also noticed how better the animation was compared to our last few films.

Okay, I'll keep your suggestions in mind :D

Yeah, I guess it was just me being too critical of myself lol. I just found some of the acting to be a bit flat for my liking.

My next big film project, after I finish Death From Above, will be
"The Life of Christ" based on the Christian Gospel books from the Bible. I dunno if your are religious or not but I intend this to be for everyone not just Christians. I don't intend it to be used as an "converting" tool.

I guess it's not that original since it's been done before but that's what I'm doing lol.

James 8)
spoooze!

Post by spoooze! »

jahnocli wrote:What a beautiful animation!
Thanks!!
James 8)
keagan

yeah

Post by keagan »

yeah god job but like he said up there it whould be better with "CHANG!" in the sword fight and in quicktime how did you get your audio in sepreate parts? like hi im dr.passo and the battle ect ect...
14 year old moho user also....
keagan

also

Post by keagan »

lucky bob and my spudshould be friends! lol they have some sorts of look a like you think? theres a pic of spud under my profile image and heres a animated clip from my full length animated film here >>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-ygB4UzQPk
14 year old moho user also....
spoooze!

Re: yeah

Post by spoooze! »

keagan wrote:yeah god job but like he said up there it whould be better with "CHANG!" in the sword fight and in quicktime how did you get your audio in sepreate parts? like hi im dr.passo and the battle ect ect...
Thanks!

I edited all the sound and stuff together in a program called iMovie which is for Mac. If you have a Windows computer you can find a similar program called Windows Movie Maker which is free and I believe it is downloadable...

lucky bob and my spudshould be friends! lol they have some sorts of look a like you think? theres a pic of spud under my profile image and heres a animated clip from my full length animated film here >>>

That might be fun!

James
8)