Minecraft animation

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kooobus

Minecraft animation

Post by kooobus »

Hey there!

I'd like to present my latest animation made for Aracde Cloud channel on YT. Entire piece was animated in Moho12, which to be honest is my favorite animating software so far (have to try Toonboom someday). Let me know what do you think, I'd be happy to hear some constructive criticism from you!

Also I encourage you to check my other stuff on YT channel. Positive feedback helps me to motivate myself to work more on personal projects 8)

Link to my YT https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWpCRY ... UQZ4aYjE8Q

Thanks a lot!
alanthebox

Re: Minecraft animation

Post by alanthebox »

Looks super slick! Are the mouths interpolated switch layers or something else?
kooobus

Post by kooobus »

Thanks Alan!

I appreciate that.
Mouths are switch layered but all movements were made manually by squashing and stretching. It could be made by automatic interpolation as well, nonetheless I prefer to have more control. My approach is a bit more time consuming, but final result feels more organic and smooth in my opinion.

PS.
Love your cartoons! I saw your works on Newgrounds a while ago, good stuff :D
mrc

Post by mrc »

I like this a lot. A Minecraft themed animation done entirely in 2D software - brilliant.

Marc
You don't agree with the post above? Click here.
www.tricklabor.com/en
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Wow. Nice dynamics here. And your approach to lip sync is great, I will try and steal it!
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I finally got to watch it. That was fun and well done! Thanks for sharing it.

BTW, for some reason, the video doesn't appear in the post for me but I found the link at your YouTube channel. This has been a common issue here with embedded videos so I suggest adding a clickable text link under the video.
kooobus

Post by kooobus »

Thank you all for kind words. It's very much appreciated.
slowtiger wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:55 pm Wow. Nice dynamics here. And your approach to lip sync is great, I will try and steal it!
@slowtiger
Thanks! Please steal as much as you want! :D That's what this forum is for.

@Greenlaw
Good you mentioned that embedded videos issue. I honestly didn't notice that since I browse forum on my phone. Didn't encounter such behavior earlier.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

I liked it! very cool style and well done animations.

I think that the embedded video problem is related to the nature of this website and how certain browsers find the embedded video scripts non secure. On chrome, I see a shield icon on the right of the url bar, and if I put the pointer on the icon it says "This page is trying to load scripts from non trusted sources" (or something similar, as I'm translating from spanish). If I click on this shield icon and then click on "Load non secure scripts", the embedded videos load correctly. So I guess that the best way to put videos here is with links so the people that are not aware of this can click on them.