My first animation using Moho

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

tendropchris

My first animation using Moho

Post by tendropchris »

Finally completely got through a tutorial on basic rigging and character creation. Started it a while ago, but life got in the way a bit. I'm really going to try to get more practice and lessons in during the new year.
dueyftw

Re: My first animation using Moho

Post by dueyftw »

Not bad.

Some tips:

Add shading to your character. It will give him some depth.

Papagayo is a starting point. You need to add expressions. Happy, sad, excited etc. to the mouth.

Animate the eyebrows. Eyebrows expressions can communicate what the character is thinking. Watch the eyebrows on any Wallace and Gromit

Dale
Ragnite_Powered

Post by Ragnite_Powered »

+1 on the shading, putting some at the junction between the main body and the arms and under the head will make it clearer to the viewer that the character is standing at an angle, while giving it volume.
If I were to nitpick, I'd rework a little the angling of the desk and the water dispenser, the desk is offset to the left, so we should see its right flank. The current shape would be appropriate if the "camera" was facing it.
sparten

Post by sparten »

why I can't see video or pic you shared ?
is it image link and this link broken ?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Sometimes the Lost Marble forum's server can get flaky about embedded videos. For example, a Vimeo video I posted yesterday wasn't visible seveal hours and then it suddenly became visible. Now I noticed it's not visible again.

Tip: Since this happens unpredictably, whenever I post videos, I like to add a direct link to Vimeo or YouTube. This way the visitor can still watch the video when it's not visible in the forum.