Preparation Guide.

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

eric1223

Preparation Guide.

Post by eric1223 »

I made this makeshift guide for myself, and I'm sharing it just in case anyone wants it. I use it for preplanning work within moho, It's simple really, and can easly be replicated in moho (except the 3d axis), but I got tired of doing that, so I just threw it in the Library.

What's in it is a 3d Axis (for 3d environments), a fake 3d Axis, (for fake 3d, and to let me know what direction is what), and 3 "perspective rulers :roll:. You will see why I did the eye roll if u download it. Anyway, they are all color coded to match the XYZ colors of moho. For the "ruler" though, if u need more than 1 of these lines, I recommend copying and pasting instead of making a whole new line. Also, making use of the width tool is useful here. Nothing will be rendered inside of the "2D/3D Axis" group unless you either drag out a layer from it, or uncheck "Don't render this layer" in the Layer settings.

Oh yeah I almost forgot. If u download the whole folder, there are also sketch styles in there too. there are 6 colors with their own dull fills to tell them apart. Since the introduction of the FBF layer, the drawing update, and since I have drawing tablets, I figured I'd make some styles for it as well. Hope u get some use out of it as I am.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ude9fxftm6kl ... e.zip?dl=0

Edit: Well since dropbox won't put everything in a folder like how I tried to present it, I recommend u exporting it into a new folder, THEN saving to ur library. (dropbox newbie I am)

Edit: Link update to a zip folder instead. Thanks Greenlaw!
Last edited by eric1223 on Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Greenlaw

Re: Preparation Guide.

Post by Greenlaw »

eric1223 wrote:Edit: Well since dropbox won't put everything in a folder like how I tried to present it, I recommend u exporting it into a new folder, THEN saving to ur library. (dropbox newbie I am)
Thanks for making this available. I haven't checked it out yet but will look tonight.

Re: Dropbox, I suggest zipping the file before making it available for download. Be sure to select zip the main folder...this will include the folder as well as all the files and folders inside the folder, and preserve the structure. For zipping, I like to use either 7-zip or Pea-zip. 7-zip features an optional proprietary format that compresses even smaller than .zip if you need that. Both programs are free and let you zip a file/folder by right-clicking from the desktop.
eric1223

Post by eric1223 »

Np. Hope you will get some use out of it.

Also, thanks for the dropbox tip. I've updated the first link to this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ude9fxftm6kl ... e.zip?dl=0
eric1223

Post by eric1223 »

I updated the rulers to make them transparent, and so each stroke has a double shape. Also I've organized things a lot better.

However, if that 3D axis is acting funny by not adding the texture to itself, please let me know.