Update on animated web series

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Ianafle

Update on animated web series

Post by Ianafle »

Hello everyone, i have decided to stop working on my last animated series, i had some good ideas for it, but when it came time to write the script, i just couldn't write anything that worked, so i decided to make a new animated series

i have already Written some episodes and designed a few characters, by the end of the summer i'll have the first season written and characters designed and then i can start looking for voice actors

http://projectorange2.blogspot.com Here is the link to my blog where i will keep people updated about the development of the series.

please check it out, i would be very grateful.
Have a nice day all.
synthsin75

Re: Update on animated web series

Post by synthsin75 »

All you do is make vague noise about supposedly upcoming projects. Why should we care?

Maybe now that you have a blog, you can quit boring us with unformed ideas.
Ianafle

Post by Ianafle »

you don't have to be rude about it, when someone works on a new project they can't reveal a lot at the start of production, otherwise they are just giving away the whole project. And if all i do is make vague noises, and you don't really care, then why do you keep commenting when i post something? Why do you even show slight interest in my project?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

If you can't reveal anything, why are you wasting our time telling us about nothing?
I literally can't show interest in something I know nothing about. See how that works?
And you've proven that no one should show any interest, because you've rewarded any interest in your last vague project by abandoning it.

Quit wasting everyone's time (your own included), and spend that time creating something you can actually show people. Instead of all this hyping nothing.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I went to your blog, which ended with this:
"Have a Nice day and i will post more soon, and also feel free to ask questions[even though i haven't revealed anything yet.]"
Assuming someone was interested for some reason, what kind of question would you expect them to ask? Being coy only works if you're someone like Stephen King, with a huge back catalogue and a global fanbase. If you've got no history it just comes across as ignorance, self-delusion and kidology. If you've got something, spit it out. Being coy about nothing just makes you look like a total loser.

But I'm not going to be holding my breath. The best indicator of future action is what you have done in the past. For your previous 'project' You made one or two grand gestures, produced nothing and then gave up.

You might think this is all a bit mean. Believe me, if I was being mean you'd know about it.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Ianafle

Post by Ianafle »

You can all go jump off a bridge and **** yourself, i didn't do anything wrong and people are being rude for no reason, i was just letting people know that i was making an animated series and that they can check out my blog so when i actually do reveal something[which would have been in the next few days] they would know, but you old sack of bones had to jump down my throat just because i haven't revealed anything about my project, when i am ready to reveal something i will. And i don't care if you ban me from this forum, go right ahead, i'll just make another account

you people are getting out of control, I understand that you might be a little aggravated because i'm announcing all this and i haven't shown anything, but so what? you have no right to Jump down my throat and be JERKS because of that, You keep acting all high and might just because you are freakin administrators you're gonna drive people away.
jahnocli wrote:I went to your blog, which ended with this:
"Have a Nice day and i will post more soon, and also feel free to ask questions[even though i haven't revealed anything yet.]"
Assuming someone was interested for some reason, what kind of question would you expect them to ask? Being coy only works if you're someone like Stephen King, with a huge back catalogue and a global fanbase. If you've got no history it just comes across as ignorance, self-delusion and kidology. If you've got something, spit it out. Being coy about nothing just makes you look like a total loser.

But I'm not going to be holding my breath. The best indicator of future action is what you have done in the past. For your previous 'project' You made one or two grand gestures, produced nothing and then gave up.

You might think this is all a bit mean. Believe me, if I was being mean you'd know about it.
If you were being mean my butt, what are you gonna do? tell my mom? Look up insults on the internet?

you are all a bunch of Dinosaurs, get out of here with your saggy bones and false teeth.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

And there's the temper tantrum we were all expecting.
Ianafle

Post by Ianafle »

Yep
Ianafle

Post by Ianafle »

at least i'm not sitting in a studio apartment alone with no life
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Ianafle wrote:at least i'm not sitting in a studio apartment alone with no life
No, you're a fourteen year old thinking perfect strangers should somehow care about your goals like your parents do. Maybe you should have your parents explain to you why you shouldn't expect that.
Ianafle

Post by Ianafle »

I never said that i wanted anybody here to care about my goals, i was simply just telling people that i was making a cartoon and that if they wanted to know more or check it out, they could. But i guess i'm in the wrong for simply doing that

And of course now everyone thinks i'm a bipolar person, or that i have anger problems because of my ranting, which wouldn't have happened if you hadn't been so rude with your comments.
Ianafle

Post by Ianafle »

I guess, we live in a world now where i can't even simply let the world know i'm working on a project.

And just because i didn't reveal anything about it right away, i'm in the wrong and people are being rude, wow i love how that works.
Ianafle

Post by Ianafle »

That's what I thought
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Ianafle wrote:...i was simply just telling people that i was making a cartoon and that if they wanted to know more or check it out, they could...
But they can't. There's nothing to check out -- that's the point.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Ianafle wrote:Hello everyone, i have decided to stop working on my last animated series, i had some good ideas for it, but when it came time to write the script, i just couldn't write anything that worked, so i decided to make a new animated series
Brave decision. And that's why writing a treatment is so useful - it helps you see if a good idea is enough to inspire you into writing the story around it.... and if you're not inspired to write then your target audience won't be interested in whatever you create. (speaking personally, I've had some ideas that sounded great when first voiced but in the end they were little more than one-liners -- developing a story around them was feasible but as uninspiring as a dull shaggy dog story.)

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions" - IIRC Greenlaw mentioned one of his pieces that he announced when it was in its early stages and it's still not finished years later. The marketing technique of "announcing the announcement" - IOW saying that you'll be saying something about a new product - can work to advantage. But it's generally preceded by significant market research that both shapes the product and indicates that there will be demand for the product. This research might be observational (e.g. all the Bond films so far have sold well - people say they're looking forward to the next one so we'll keep the franchise alive). Such observational research might also indicate a lack of appetite for a follow up - (e.g. The Golden Compass (2007) based on the first book of Philip Pullman’s "His Dark Materials" trilogy did not lead to further films). I get the strong feeling that at the core of the comments here about "why are you telling us this" can be interpreted as "you've not done the research"... and sharing the treatment is a good way to do some market testing (just as jahnocli has just said). Yep - you'll get the detractors who will lambast everything, but you'll also get constructive comments. Down to you to do the filtering.

Final word from me at this stage - nothing constructive is achieved by shouting; lose your cool => lose the argument (and gain a reputation you might not want).