camera and lighting test in a fake intro

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ahzra

camera and lighting test in a fake intro

Post by ahzra »

my attempt to test camera movement and lighting abilities in moho pro and after effects in a fake intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dK0uXfriRQ

i want your notes to enchance my work
thanks
slowtiger

Re: camera and lighting test in a fake intro

Post by slowtiger »

Quite good already. Depending on the style you want for the whole project, this might be good enough.

If you go for realism, however, here's some points:
1. The buildings get direct light, but their shadows are not dark enough. Just look around (I only know Cairo from pictures): you have walls not getting sunlight, those are very dark, and everything casts a shadow onto other objects.
2. The tree in the last shot moves into a wrong direction. Try to create a multiplane setup and move the camera then, you'll see the difference immediately.

But, as I said, it all depends on the level of realism you're aiming for. It's not necessary to do all that if the level of detail of the buildings doesn't match it. That's what production design is for: to decide which parts of reality you leave out, and still have a nice and convincing result. You don't just copy the world, you create your own.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
ahzra

Re: camera and lighting test in a fake intro

Post by ahzra »

slowtiger wrote:Quite good already. Depending on the style you want for the whole project, this might be good enough.

If you go for realism, however, here's some points:
1. The buildings get direct light, but their shadows are not dark enough. Just look around (I only know Cairo from pictures): you have walls not getting sunlight, those are very dark, and everything casts a shadow onto other objects.
2. The tree in the last shot moves into a wrong direction. Try to create a multiplane setup and move the camera then, you'll see the difference immediately.

But, as I said, it all depends on the level of realism you're aiming for. It's not necessary to do all that if the level of detail of the buildings doesn't match it. That's what production design is for: to decide which parts of reality you leave out, and still have a nice and convincing result. You don't just copy the world, you create your own.
thanks very much slowtiger for your great tips i will take it into consideration in the future , i agree with you in all you said

regards :)