The Waterfall

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

prlanyi

The Waterfall

Post by prlanyi »

This is my first animated short created with Moho Pro 12. Any comments that help to get better are appreciated. Thx for watching it.

https://vimeo.com/260500361

w3rew0lfgirl_99

Re: The Waterfall

Post by w3rew0lfgirl_99 »

How adorable! I love it.
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

A really really nice one. Compliments.
Your storytelling is rather unusual to me so I was surprised from scene to scene. In a good way, of course ,)

My only remark would go towards the stereo. The crow is a bit too far on the right channel while it sits in the middle of the scene. Audio / the sound is great but at first, I looked to my right, through my window ,)

Full sails!
prlanyi

Post by prlanyi »

w3rew0lfgirl_99 wrote:How adorable! I love it.
Thank you. :)
prlanyi

Post by prlanyi »

Maestral wrote:A really really nice one. Compliments.
Your storytelling is rather unusual to me so I was surprised from scene to scene. In a good way, of course ,)

My only remark would go towards the stereo. The crow is a bit too far on the right channel while it sits in the middle of the scene. Audio / the sound is great but at first, I looked to my right, through my window ,)

Full sails!
Thank you for your kind words, I really appreciate it. As for sound, you're right, honestly I did not pay too much attention now on finetuning the sound effects, so I used them as they were. Next time I'm sure I'll spend some time on it. Cheers.
mrc

Post by mrc »

Overall a nice little short. I particularly like the backgrounds.

I think the sound design / mix could do with a little more polish. For example I found the laser shots out of place.

Story-wise I like the idea but am not sure about transforming the crow/raven into a colourful birdie. It felt like a step down, considering how relatively intelligent crows and ravens are. But that really is just nit-picking. ;)

Marc
You don't agree with the post above? Click here.
www.tricklabor.com/en
chucky

Post by chucky »

The crow was particularly good, the slide was a nice touch. :D
prlanyi

Post by prlanyi »

mrc wrote:Overall a nice little short. I particularly like the backgrounds.

I think the sound design / mix could do with a little more polish. For example I found the laser shots out of place.

Story-wise I like the idea but am not sure about transforming the crow/raven into a colourful birdie. It felt like a step down, considering how relatively intelligent crows and ravens are. But that really is just nit-picking. ;)

Marc
Hi Marc,

thank you for your comments. As for sound in general, it's a bit of a headache for me since I have no experience in it at all. Ok, basic things like where the sounds come from at which level I understand, but I should spend some time on it to learn. Furthermore I have only a basic sound editing software, so as of now I have my limits in this aspect. If you can suggest anything where I can pick up some knowledge on that and which softwares are worth to try, I'd really appreciate that.

The crow to goldfinch transformation I thought could be a good sign of season change. Crow represents winter in my country and colourful little songbirds usually represent springtime, that's why I chose them. Honestly I did not dig into biological spheres and in my experience in tales anything can transform to anything (like human can be a brainless stick suddenly), so I thought it might not be such a big issue. :)

Thanks again,
Peter
prlanyi

Post by prlanyi »

chucky wrote:The crow was particularly good, the slide was a nice touch. :D
Thank you. :)
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

An amazing piece overall - with some great animation and scenery.

My greatest issue is that you have created such a nice Winter scene - that it feels spoilt when Spring comes along!
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
prlanyi

Post by prlanyi »

SimplSam wrote:An amazing piece overall - with some great animation and scenery.

My greatest issue is that you have created such a nice Winter scene - that it feels spoilt when Spring comes along!
Thanks for your nice words. :)