Vector style animation

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

djwaterman

Vector style animation

Post by djwaterman »

I lost all my previous work with a drive death, so this is the first thing I did to get over that. Well it's not Moho, it's all shape layers in After Effects, but I'm sharing it here anyway. I'd prefer doing this stuff in Moho as you don't have to deal with all the layers that build up in AE, but I wanted to explore a different look.

https://vimeo.com/232770272
DK

Re: Vector style animation

Post by DK »

Wow! I LOVE that :)
How long did it take and was it for any particular project?

D.K
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Damn, nicely done!
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

That's an amazing piece of work, damn near perfection, with lots of great ideas. You had me with the bendy car in the beginning - and lost me just a moment later with the guy dancing too fast to the music, not in sync!

But great work. I think this look could be done as easily in Moho. But I'd do preliminary work in a different program, especially the colour styling because that's hard to do in Moho. Could you tell us how much time you spent on this?
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

That was Sweet!!! Nice Job, really cool!
Barry Baker

Post by Barry Baker »

That is a really excellent piece of work. I love the inventiveness, and it makes transformative use of a song that I dismissed as bubblegum pop when it first came out!
chucky

Post by chucky »

Oh that was brilliant! Love the head wiggle,, love the colours.

I was worried for a little while that it was going to go too long ( the song ) when I saw the play bar, as they all hopped in the girl's car.
Of course , I was more than pleasantly surprised by the twist... nice work.
I went from a smirk to a grin.
Hitch'n be Bitch'n y'all. 8)
djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

Ah thanks, I wasn't expecting replies. Slow-tiger, you correctly noticed something that I always wanted to correct but never got around to, his bobbing slightly out of sync.
The project didn't take that long, I worked on it off and on, if I was serious I'd try to turn out at least one shot per session, sometimes two.

With the best of intentions, things like this quickly become monstrous in After Effects, no matter how neat you start out you end up with a project having lots of compositions being duplicated and renamed and it's sort of ridiculous. I'd break it into a bunch of smaller projects next time.

I'd also prefer to do the character animation in Moho and export out PNG sequences. However in this case I wanted a specific shape layer look to define everything so AE was good for this (perhaps).
Pierre Gombaud

Post by Pierre Gombaud »

It was amazing to watch, loved it!

Thanks for the discovery of this song, I'm adding it to my "chill/feel good" songs playlist :)