"Buggsy" rig

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Cramp_Chump

"Buggsy" rig

Post by Cramp_Chump »

Hello guys! Here it is my rig for "Moho Pro 12". There are some of the techniques that I use such as scaling parts (with separate diles for this). You can play around. Maybe later I will try to share more interesting things. Disign of the creature also by me. Download link - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8jzv ... TBpcmFYTkE
Last edited by Cramp_Chump on Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
chucky

Re: "Buggsy" rig

Post by chucky »

Very Nice!
You seem to be going for a sensibly featured rig there.
Good use of shoulder and hip bones ( although I would parent the legs to the hip and not the lower abdomen for better results).
I like the design too, thanks for sharing!
Oh maybe the mandibles could be a warm colour to better stand out from the shirt?
I only say these things , because the style and rig is so good in general, I wouldn't nit pick if it wasn't to such a high level.
Cramp_Chump

Post by Cramp_Chump »

chucky wrote: Good use of shoulder and hip bones ( although I would parent the legs to the hip and not the lower abdomen for better results).
Thank you, chucky! Yea! You where right about paranting the legs. It's much nicer now. Man can dance after this correction. About mandibles also good notion. I'll think more about this kind of things next time. :)
nikboy21

Post by nikboy21 »

That looks great. would love to check out the rig. I think download link is dead.
Cramp_Chump

Post by Cramp_Chump »

nikboy21 wrote:That looks great. would love to check out the rig. I think download link is dead.
Hi. Check the link. It should work alright. )
Jx

Post by Jx »

Nicely done and interesting rigging style Cramp_Chump.

I noticed the character has no smart bones on him.
The character is light when posing/animating it. My rigs have a lot (about 50) of smart bone (corrective action) and preset action (head turn walk etc),
in the end they get too heavy and drag when animating. Even if the character is versatile its no fun animating them at all.

1. Could it be the reason you did not use smart bones? or is it
something which would not work well for this style?
its hard but not imposible keep trying and never give up.
nikboy21

Post by nikboy21 »

The Rig is really great . THank you so much. I need to know few things now :D is the binding point binding or flexi binding on layers? Also what are the Circle things on joints? are those pin bones? also if yes then for what reason ? DO you have any youtube channel where we can see explaination about rig ?
Cramp_Chump

Post by Cramp_Chump »

Jx wrote:1. Could it be the reason you did not use smart bones? or is it
something which would not work well for this style?
Yes. It's just simple demonstration. Of course you may add to this rig some actions with the turning body or head.
nikboy21 wrote:The Rig is really great . THank you so much. I need to know few things now :D is the binding point binding or flexi binding on layers? Also what are the Circle things on joints? are those pin bones? also if yes then for what reason ? DO you have any youtube channel where we can see explaination about rig ?
Yes there is explanation about those pin bones. If you add for example to the elbow pin bone option "scale control bone" to another elbow pin bone, than you may scale this part of the body and so on with the rest of the parts. It's simulates perspective movements towards camera. And with pin bones you can make some corrections if you want. All of the joints are tied on "bone strength" of those pin bones. Maybe the next time I will show you some tricks in video format.