randomC§NT... WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE AND SEXUAL CONTENT

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Fahim, Distinct Sun, Víctor Paredes, erey, Belgarath, slowtiger

Post Reply
GRAUZAHN
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:45 am

randomC§NT... WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE AND SEXUAL CONTENT

Post by GRAUZAHN » Sat May 13, 2017 7:54 am

User avatar
synthsin75
Posts: 7211
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:20 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: randomC§NT...

Post by synthsin75 » Sat May 13, 2017 9:45 am

This needs a content warning.
User avatar
jahnocli
Posts: 3362
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:13 pm
Location: UK

Re: randomC§NT...

Post by jahnocli » Sat May 13, 2017 10:41 am

EEuuuwwww!! If this guy is acting like a jerk, it's a really good act...Pity the animation sucks.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
GRAUZAHN
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:45 am

Re: randomC§NT...

Post by GRAUZAHN » Sat May 13, 2017 2:18 pm

jahnocli wrote:EEuuuwwww!! If this guy is acting like a jerk, it's a really good act...Pity the animation sucks.
why does the animation suck?
User avatar
jahnocli
Posts: 3362
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:13 pm
Location: UK

Re: randomC§NT... WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE AND SEXUAL CONTEN

Post by jahnocli » Sat May 13, 2017 4:29 pm

You know those phone apps that make you look like a pirate or whatever? It's a variation on that theme, with foul language thrown in. Once you get over the shock factor, there's nothing there. I've seen better things from you -- this is just not worthy. (It's - just - my - opinion...)
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
GRAUZAHN
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:45 am

Re: randomC§NT... WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE AND SEXUAL CONTEN

Post by GRAUZAHN » Sun May 14, 2017 4:12 am

jahnocli wrote:You know those phone apps that make you look like a pirate or whatever? It's a variation on that theme, with foul language thrown in. Once you get over the shock factor, there's nothing there. I've seen better things from you -- this is just not worthy. (It's - just - my - opinion...)
ah okay....now i understand what you mean....it really just works when you know his (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC72vWi ... OC2RgJ-dvA) Channel.
User avatar
djwaterman
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:36 am
Location: Sydney

Re: randomC§NT... WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE AND SEXUAL CONTEN

Post by djwaterman » Tue May 16, 2017 12:47 pm

I'll not comment on the language and I'm aware of the guy's channel so It's not unexpected, nor any worse that the comedian he's mocking. The animation is great, you really put MOHO to the test with the camera tracking and different styles of animation.
GRAUZAHN
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:45 am

Re: randomC§NT... WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE AND SEXUAL CONTEN

Post by GRAUZAHN » Wed May 17, 2017 3:47 pm

djwaterman wrote:I'll not comment on the language and I'm aware of the guy's channel so It's not unexpected, nor any worse that the comedian he's mocking. The animation is great, you really put MOHO to the test with the camera tracking and different styles of animation.
thank you....i was worried that the animation itself might actually be bad
User avatar
Barry Baker
Posts: 330
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:58 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: randomC§NT... WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE AND SEXUAL CONTEN

Post by Barry Baker » Fri May 19, 2017 11:52 am

I've never come across this guy's channel before (and I won't be subscribing!) but he seems to be a complete @rseh*le - that being said, I think the animation is actually pretty great. It's a playful and skillful exploration of what can be done combining Moho with live action. I would enjoy it even better with the sound muted!
hayasidist
Posts: 2179
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:12 pm
Location: Kent, England

Re: randomC§NT... WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE AND SEXUAL CONTEN

Post by hayasidist » Fri May 19, 2017 2:13 pm

Barry Baker wrote:... It's a playful and skillful exploration of what can be done combining Moho with live action. I would enjoy it even better with the sound muted!
I'd avoided this til now because I just don't think foul language is funny in any context, but on the strength of Barry's comment I watched it for the first (only!) time with the sound off - and, yes, it's actually very clever animation!

@GRAUZAHN - is it fbf or video tracking or compositing or ...??
GRAUZAHN
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:45 am

Re: randomC§NT... WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE AND SEXUAL CONTEN

Post by GRAUZAHN » Sat May 20, 2017 10:05 am

hayasidist wrote:
Barry Baker wrote:... It's a playful and skillful exploration of what can be done combining Moho with live action. I would enjoy it even better with the sound muted!
I'd avoided this til now because I just don't think foul language is funny in any context, but on the strength of Barry's comment I watched it for the first (only!) time with the sound off - and, yes, it's actually very clever animation!

@GRAUZAHN - is it fbf or video tracking or compositing or ...??

sorry but...what is fbf?...and what do you mean with video tracking?
hayasidist
Posts: 2179
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:12 pm
Location: Kent, England

Re: randomC§NT... WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE AND SEXUAL CONTEN

Post by hayasidist » Sat May 20, 2017 1:03 pm

GRAUZAHN wrote:sorry but...what is fbf?...and what do you mean with video tracking?
fbf = frame by frame
video tracking = if you import a video file into moho, you can select a visual item (e.g. the thumb of the person in the video) and tell your animation to move with that item (chapter 8 p149 in the Moho 12 manual goes into loads more detail)

I'm just intrigued to know the approach / technology you used to get the animation to follow the live action... :D
User avatar
slowtiger
Posts: 5454
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:53 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany
Contact:

Re: randomC§NT... WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE AND SEXUAL CONTEN

Post by slowtiger » Sat May 20, 2017 1:20 pm

Mysogynist hate speech. I don't care for the animation. Get help. This isn't funny.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB RAM OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB RAM OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
GRAUZAHN
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:45 am

Re: randomC§NT... WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE AND SEXUAL CONTEN

Post by GRAUZAHN » Sun May 21, 2017 8:58 pm

hayasidist wrote:
GRAUZAHN wrote:sorry but...what is fbf?...and what do you mean with video tracking?
fbf = frame by frame
video tracking = if you import a video file into moho, you can select a visual item (e.g. the thumb of the person in the video) and tell your animation to move with that item (chapter 8 p149 in the Moho 12 manual goes into loads more detail)

I'm just intrigued to know the approach / technology you used to get the animation to follow the live action... :D
ah...ok....i didnt even know about that part of the program. No..i did it all manually...or frame by frame. Mostly with the magnet tool.
Post Reply