Overwatch: The Invasion. A Walking Dead inspired series.

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Smiler Entertainment

Overwatch: The Invasion. A Walking Dead inspired series.

Post by Smiler Entertainment »

Overwatch: The Invasion is an animation series based on Blizzard Entertainment's Overwatch and inspired by AMC's The Walking Dead.

The series is centered around the Overwatch characters as they team up against an evil force that sends down massive aliens to take over Earth.

The first episode, titled "Where It Begins" opens with Tracer running through Llios being chased by Junkrat and Reaper. Pharah is flying overhead providing cover fire for Tracer as she runs back to the spawn point (I'm not sure if it's referred to as "Spawn Point" in game but whatever). When she gets back to the point, Winston closes the door behind her before Reaper can land a shot. The shot grazes Tracer's hair and hits a computer display on a far wall. Winston asks what Tracer was doing and she simply replies back with "Just being your everyday hero." This reply does not make Winston any happier about why she was being chased and demands an actual explanation. Tracer begins to reply, but is interrupted by Pharah, who comes in through a back door and says that Reaper, and several other Talon members were outside. Including Widowmaker. Winston looks out the window and spots Reaper, Junkrat, Roadhog, and Widowmaker, who is watching the door for someone to shoot. Winston assumes that Pharah had something to do with the current situation, and asks them both what they were doing. Tracer explains that she suspected that Talon would attempt to start the Ominic Crisis for a second time. What their plan was is unknown, but Pharah suspects it has something to do with something Mei had found a few weeks ago. Before Winston can ask what Mei had found, Reaper teleports into the room and aims his blaster at Winston's head. Asking where "it" was. Winston says Reaper must be more specific and says "If you're looking for what Mei found, ask her. Not me." Reaper scowls and opens the door. Ordering the other Talon members to watch the three former Overwatch members while he searched the area for the "Alien Egg." As he approaches one of the upper floors, he is greeted by Mei who is holding a large egg that is changing colors between green, red, blue, and purple. Reaper demands that Mei hand over the egg as it could define the end of humanity as we know it. Mei laughs and says "Since when was the last time you cared about the safety of others?" Reaper replies back with "Since I discovered that thing would kill us all. Now give it to me!" Mei runs off with the egg. Reaper chases after her. Back downstairs, Tracer and Pharah are playing a game of cards as Winston attempts to ask what exactly they were looking for. Roadhog simply says "An egg." Winston frowns and says "I need more information." Roadhog replies back with "An egg." Widowmaker groans and says "We're looking for an alien egg, Roadhog." Winston asks why they needed the egg and Widowmaker explains how the egg Mei found could mean the end of humanity, and that the egg must be destroyed before the aliens it came from found it.

That's all I really have. I need some ideas on how the rest will pan out, but I guess I'll decide that on my own. What I really want is for you guys to tell me what you think of what I have so far and what could be changed.
Smiler Entertainment: It's Insanely Funny...
Smiler Entertainment

Re: Overwatch: The Invasion. A Walking Dead inspired series.

And when I say "Help" I mean don't look at the post and say absolutely nothing.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Smiler Entertainment

synthsin75 wrote:...
-_- Really?
DK

Post by DK »

I'm a little confused. In your second post you wrote:
I'm looking for where you say help in your first post?
Not trying to be smart here but you do know this is an animation forum right not a script writers forum?
Do you have any animation you can show us?

D.K
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

How about meeting us halfway with a storyboard?
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Paragraphs would make your text more reader friendly.

Also, if you intend to animate this yourself, it's better if you keep your cast small. This is a fairly ambitious sequence and it's not even a complete story.
Smiler Entertainment

DK wrote:I'm a little confused. In your second post you wrote:
I'm looking for where you say help in your first post?
Not trying to be smart here but you do know this is an animation forum right not a script writers forum?
Do you have any animation you can show us?

D.K
Nothing much. I normally make the story, the characters, then the animation itself.
Smiler Entertainment

jahnocli wrote:How about meeting us halfway with a storyboard?
And by that you mean what exactly?
Smiler Entertainment

neeters_guy wrote:Paragraphs would make your text more reader friendly.

Also, if you intend to animate this yourself, it's better if you keep your cast small. This is a fairly ambitious sequence and it's not even a complete story.
I know it's not complete. And I made this post specificly to ask what everyone thought of it, and some ideas to put in where I left off. Also, to see what could be changed.

I'm not doing voice acting or anything (I suck at that and can't find anyone who can do it). Just text to show what they're saying.

I know how many characters are in Overwatch, I'm not going to put every tank, offence, defence, and support character in. I'm just picking a few and calling that the cast.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Smiler Entertainment wrote:I know it's not complete. And I made this post specificly to ask what everyone thought of it, and some ideas to put in where I left off. Also, to see what could be changed.
So you're asking for free writing help, and then seemingly getting a bit pissy when people on an animation forum ask animation stuff, like storyboard, how you intend to manage so many characters, etc.? If you want help with a script, the least you should do is format it like a script. Not saying that will help you here (an animation forum), but this will probably be the first thing you hear on a writing forum.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

I would also suggest that if you think you have a good Plot/Story/Idea... don't be too keen to share and discuss it openly. As it can all too easily become someone else's great idea...
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Smiler Entertainment wrote:
Er...you asked for comments on what you've done so far. At some stage it would be useful to come up with a storyboard to plan out an animation. (I'm assuming you know what a storyboard is...?). If you react aggressively to comments, then your career in public is going to be short-lived.

That's what I mean. Exactly.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Smiler Entertainment

synthsin75 wrote:
Smiler Entertainment wrote:I know it's not complete. And I made this post specificly to ask what everyone thought of it, and some ideas to put in where I left off. Also, to see what could be changed.
So you're asking for free writing help, and then seemingly getting a bit pissy when people on an animation forum ask animation stuff, like storyboard, how you intend to manage so many characters, etc.? If you want help with a script, the least you should do is format it like a script. Not saying that will help you here (an animation forum), but this will probably be the first thing you hear on a writing forum.
Nevermind... I'll just take this somewhere else...
Smiler Entertainment

jahnocli wrote:
Smiler Entertainment wrote:
Er...you asked for comments on what you've done so far. At some stage it would be useful to come up with a storyboard to plan out an animation. (I'm assuming you know what a storyboard is...?). If you react aggressively to comments, then your career in public is going to be short-lived.

That's what I mean. Exactly.
I'm not acting "aggressively". I simply asked a question and you guys took it as me getting angry.

Yes, I know what a storyboard is, but I'd rather come up with the story, THEN the storyboard.