JOZI ZOO - fully voiced 5 minute animation with MOHO!

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 »

finally!!! its dling! woo!

RonC
rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 »

okay one huge suggestion - this cartoon is WAY too busy and fast moving, the camera jitters back and forth WAY too fast, it's confusing and I can't keep up with it. Timing is everything.

RonC
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

I disagree. I think the timing was just right and fits the animation style and I only noticed this camera cutting technique when watching it for the third time, which probably means I didn't find it disturbing or confusing. The quickzoom has a slapstick kind of feeling IMO.
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

I got a bit seasick with all that cameramovement and floppy genies. I think you need to have a look at basic camera handling.
The animation, I'm not gonna comment on that because whenever I try to give some critique it comes out sounding mean. But again, basics.
I liked the main character.
rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 »

sorry thats just what I felt when I saw it, way too jerky, fast, busy...

if the camera sat still per scene it would have been better, but even then the movements were so smooth and fast it felt like there wasn't a real animation style. I'm not saying I know any more its just what really bothered me, and didnt let me enjoy the storyline whatsoever

RonC
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

if the camera sat still per scene it would have been better, but even then the movements were so smooth and fast it felt like there wasn't a real animation style. I'm not saying I know any more its just what really bothered me, and didnt let me enjoy the storyline whatsoever
Ya, fair enough, it is quite rapid and fast-changing.

Thanks for the comments guys, keep it on!

Mike
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

RYLLEMAN: Just watched your showreel, you got some neat stuff there! I particularly took a liking to the green man in the car, very cool.
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

Mikdog wrote:RYLLEMAN: Just watched your showreel, you got some neat stuff there! I particularly took a liking to the green man in the car, very cool.
Thank you! He's from commercials for Cetelem, a french bank.
I'll have to update that showreel sometimes soon...
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

Very good, it deserve to be view in the right resolution
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

:) :wink:
rafdesign

Post by rafdesign »

It's good, but I feel the bones & interpolation keyframes make everything looks so gummy, elastic. I think it makes it look too much moho-bones-look like. I was first very enthousiast about the concept of bones, and I still like the bones to connect to each other, but those elastic bones are getting on my nerves. It is technically amazing, but when I look at animation studios like Nexus (http://www.nexuslondon.com/) I don't see a lot of those 'moho' elastics effects. Good animations are using steps usually jerky. But our brain use the residual image of those to recreate the movement.
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

rafdesign wrote:...I was first very enthousiast about the concept of bones, and I still like the bones to connect to each other, but those elastic bones are getting on my nerves. It is technically amazing, but when I look at animation studios like Nexus (http://www.nexuslondon.com/) I don't see a lot of those 'moho' elastics effects...
It all depends on how you use your bones, if you let Moho do your work then you got that but if you animate yourself you won't...
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

...I was first very enthousiast about the concept of bones, and I still like the bones to connect to each other, but those elastic bones are getting on my nerves. It is technically amazing, but when I look at animation studios like Nexus (http://www.nexuslondon.com/) I don't see a lot of those 'moho' elastics effects...
True, true. If you had an animation suited to that look, you could really use bones to your advantage.