Latest animation work done exclusively in Moho Pro 12

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mdmodeler

Latest animation work done exclusively in Moho Pro 12

Post by mdmodeler »

I had a lot of fun on this project!! My husband is an artist, http://www.renetrevino.com, who's been working over the last year on paintings of Aztec gods. When I saw his painting based on a vase figure in a clay, which was a representation of the Aztec god of the rains/water, Tlaloc - I thought this would be a great character to animate.

I know there are some issues with the work, some timings are a little off, etc. But we had a deadline for a show he has coming up. The work was done almost entirely in Moho Pro 12 with just a final compositing run in After Effects. I would have liked to do the whole thing in Moho Pro 12 but the animated disco lights in the background were causing a major performance drain on the character animation, so I split them into Moho projects and composited them in After Effects.

I'm pretty happy with the results: https://youtu.be/OIbq_NPp_Uk

Let me know what you think.

Enjoy.
synthsin75

Re: Latest animation work done exclusively in Moho Pro 12

Post by synthsin75 »

Nice.
mdmodeler

Post by mdmodeler »

@synthsin75 - thank you so much for your help.
Pepe Albarracín

Post by Pepe Albarracín »

Really nice the synchro with music.
What I like most are the butterflies.
mdmodeler

Post by mdmodeler »

Pepe Albarracín wrote:Really nice the synchro with music.
What I like most are the butterflies.
The synchronization to the music was a challenge. We printed the character on paper and attached it to a stick. We created a video from us actually going through the movements with the puppet to the music. Then I used Moho Pro video tracking and applied this to the character's bone angle. One thing I learned from this process, Moho Pro can not handle video in the same project as the character animation. It performs so badly - it becomes unusable. But the ability to copy keyframes between projects made this possible.