My 1st Moho 12 Basic Bone Rig Test - Jump

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

hometimenow

My 1st Moho 12 Basic Bone Rig Test - Jump

Post by hometimenow »

Hi people,
here is my 1st go at Moho pro 12 go easy I'm still a noob.
At the moment I only have the head, torso, arms/hands & legs/feet bone rigged
I've corrected the front leg spasm just b4 the jump but it ALWAYS RENDERS with it in?!!!! memory cache ??
hometimenow

Re: My 1st Moho 12 Basic Bone Rig Test - Jump

Post by hometimenow »

Ok,
I changed the leg configuration
removed the bone angle constraints & the knee bone targets

What do you think ?
djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

It's a bit gluey for me, like the character is stuck to the ground and then the feet come unstuck an recoil away. Probably fixable by shifting key-frames around for timing. I also think there is a lot of anticipation in the character as the tumble weed approaches, where as it might be better if he is more or less static until he has to jump the tumble weed, currently it feels like we're making a big fuss over this jump that he is about to make when it should just happen quickly at the moment it needs to happen.

Does this make sense what I'm saying? I'm mainly talking about timing I think. Everything else looks good, the design and character.
hometimenow

Post by hometimenow »

djwaterman wrote:It's a bit gluey for me, like the character is stuck to the ground and then the feet come unstuck an recoil away. Probably fixable by shifting key-frames around for timing. I also think there is a lot of anticipation in the character as the tumble weed approaches, where as it might be better if he is more or less static until he has to jump the tumble weed, currently it feels like we're making a big fuss over this jump that he is about to make when it should just happen quickly at the moment it needs to happen.

Does this make sense what I'm saying? I'm mainly talking about timing I think. Everything else looks good, the design and character.
Yer it all makes sense. Like I said I'm still a total noob to all this. This is probably only my 4th animation ever so ..... :D
thanks heaps for the feed back - looks like I need to watch loads more tutorials & then actually study - movement
hmmmm my hobby just became HOMEWORK but it's awesomely addictive... YAY :D