An Undertale Animation

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Monobrave

An Undertale Animation

Post by Monobrave »

An 8 month project finally finished.

Feedback is great.
Could use some!
Hit me up here or at
monobrave.animations@gmail.com
if you have any questions or coo ideas.
jahnocli

Re: An Undertale Animation

Post by jahnocli »

Is this a complete project or a trailer? If it's a complete project, it's really disorientating. If it's a trailer it's just confusing. Some nice animation sequences, but I by the end I had stopped concentrating on the action and I was wondering if some ending could tie it all together to make sense of it all. What story is being told here?
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
mattchee

Post by mattchee »

jahnocli wrote:Is this a complete project or a trailer? If it's a complete project, it's really disorientating. If it's a trailer it's just confusing. Some nice animation sequences, but I by the end I had stopped concentrating on the action and I was wondering if some ending could tie it all together to make sense of it all. What story is being told here?
Looks like a video game trailer to me. I looked into it and Undertale is a video game. :D I think this animation is a homage to the game??? Guessing! Kind of like fanfic.

Anyhow, while a bit non-sensical to the uninitiated, there's some cool animation sequences in here and it was entertaining to watch. Some really cool stuff in here. I'd love these skills applied to an original idea, maybe with a little more narrative concept.
Last edited by mattchee on Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Wow, that's a lot of work!

I'm not familiar with the Undertale game but I enjoyed watching this. Some nice moments in there.
Monobrave

Post by Monobrave »

jahnocli wrote:Is this a complete project or a trailer? If it's a complete project, it's really disorientating. If it's a trailer it's just confusing. Some nice animation sequences, but I by the end I had stopped concentrating on the action and I was wondering if some ending could tie it all together to make sense of it all. What story is being told here?

Its a collection of major events and encounters throughout the game UNDERTALE.

The story would come from foreknowledge from the fans and players of the Game

Totally agree on the pacing.
I had only so much of a song to apply an animation to and had to make sure I wrapped scenes up in sections,
and quick while containing cohesiveness to be able to follow the action.

If you were focusing on the action, I did my Job right for this project.
I didn't want a single moment of breaking attention away from whats going on.
The fights in the actual game are very limited in visuals so I wanted to interpret
what would the scenes look like in actuallity.

I really did wish I could have slowed down for more story though but I guess that's what the game is for lol
THANKS MAN!
djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

Action packed!
Monobrave

Post by Monobrave »

mattchee wrote:
Looks like a video game trailer to me. I looked into it and Undertale is a video game. :D I think this animation is a homage to the game??? Guessing! Kind of like fanfic.

Anyhow, while a bit non-sensical to the uninitiated, there's some cool animation sequences in here and it was entertaining to watch. Some really cool stuff in here. I'd love these skills applied to an original idea, maybe with a little more narrative concept.

Yes, its a homage to events in the game

and

YESSSS!!! Oh man do I have some unique stuff brewing.
At the moment, I am hoping to build my channel with things that are a
more popular and trending.
Once after a few years worth of videos have stacked up,
that's when I am going to introduce my original animated series that
I been building up for years that blends into a game after 2 seasons.

I am really glad to hear it was entertaining.
I think anime studio shines best when scenes are quick, fluid, and
when they flow together.
Other wise, slower moments have to be very subtle and active or
scenes risk looking a bit too tweenish
Its awesome to hear that I accomplish keeping the aesthetic well

I appreciate the feedback!
Monobrave

Post by Monobrave »

djwaterman wrote:Action packed!

AWWW YEAH!!!!!

I love action films and cartoons so dang much.

Its lovely to work on in your face action scenes!

Especially since the actual game is a bit limited aesthetically, especially in fights~
Monobrave

Post by Monobrave »

Greenlaw wrote:Wow, that's a lot of work!

I'm not familiar with the Undertale game but I enjoyed watching this. Some nice moments in there.
Thanks dude!
It's a really sweet game.
As long as people who haven't
played the game find it entertaining, I feel accomplished haha

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it!
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

It's apparent that a lot of hard work went into this. There was so much going on, with a lot of really cool effects. Was it all animated using AS???

My favorite part was of the boy character running toward the camera, really naturally accomplished.

Keep it up

LY
Monobrave

Post by Monobrave »

Little Yamori wrote:It's apparent that a lot of hard work went into this. There was so much going on, with a lot of really cool effects. Was it all animated using AS???

My favorite part was of the boy character running toward the camera, really naturally accomplished.

Keep it up

LY
It was 100% animated in
Anime Studio Pro 11 with vector morphs,layer transforms and key framing.
I didnt any bones and dont normally use for them most part unless there are moments that call for the use of them.
They do come in handy some times to give added bounce and physics but I feel that we as Anime Studio Animtors constantly have a battle against a cutout look if we rely too much on them.

There were some effects here and there from
My video editing software to bring out some of the colors
And scenes

That scene is probably my favorite too because I was able to just focus on making something visually appealing and not so much action.

Thanks for the feedback and your gecko vids are cute!
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Monobrave wrote:
It was 100% animated in
Anime Studio Pro 11 with vector morphs,layer transforms and key framing.
I didnt any bones and dont normally use for them most part unless there are moments that call for the use of them.
They do come in handy some times to give added bounce and physics but I feel that we as Anime Studio Animtors constantly have a battle against a cutout look if we rely too much on them.

There were some effects here and there from
My video editing software to bring out some of the colors
And scenes

That scene is probably my favorite too because I was able to just focus on making something visually appealing and not so much action.

Thanks for the feedback and your gecko vids are cute!
Thanks for the breakdown of your process, it gives me incentive to work on expanding into other areas of AS I don't normally focus on. (Also thanks for checking out my work too) :mrgreen: