New cartoon (adult oriented)

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Daners

New cartoon (adult oriented)

Post by Daners »

Lol....oh wow. Let me know what you think.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/6 ... 1465767966
jahnocli

Re: New cartoon (adult oriented)

Post by jahnocli »

Well, that was random, badly drawn, racist and unpleasant, but thanks for sharing.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Daners

Post by Daners »

Lol I agree with all of those statements except the racist one. I don't see what racism you are referring to.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Daners wrote:...I don't see what racism you are referring to.
Then you have a problem.
Daners

Post by Daners »

Lol I think you are being a bit overly sensitive... a black guy saying "nigga" is not racist. A huge number of Black men say that all the time, it's just an observation. There is a difference. Maybe if the white guy called the black guy something "similar" to that word, then that would be racist. But not in this context.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

No - not referring to that. Your cartoon is based on the power of the black guy's 'dong' being transferred to a white guy!! Can you really not see that as racist?
Daners

Post by Daners »

Lol! It's ridiculous.. not racist. Many comedians joke aboUT black guys having big dongs. It's not exactly an original concept lol. You shouldnt get so bent out of shape over cartoons... they are just fantasy.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

You asked for comments -- it's not me who is getting all defensive...
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Daners wrote:Lol! It's ridiculous.. not racist. Many comedians joke aboUT black guys having big dongs
Well, surprise, many comedians are actually racist.

Anyway, nice work with the style, limited animation and overall rhythm. I think it works well for the kind of comedy you want to achieve.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Stereotypes do not equal racism. They are just over-simplified generalities, not a statement of superiority/inferiority. Do all black men have larger members than white? No. Is the average larger? Most likely. Those are just facts.

Yes, some white men are probably jealous. But this is a very well-wore and tired comedic path. It's a juvenile penis joke that has no subtlety, surprise, or shock that could make it funny. The characterizations of all the characters are lazy stereotypes, and the over-abundance of penis imagery makes me question the sexual preference of the writer/artist.

Now if your target audience is ten-year-olds, they'll probably love it, but ten-year-olds are easily entertained.
Artpen

Post by Artpen »

I thought it was quite funny actually, to me this cartoon is on par with South Park Humour, which in all honesty is gross, disgusting, dark and morbid, but has a massive fan base because of it.

I liked the start with the establishing shot of the castle and the evil laughter, good set up!
Keep it going, it'll be interesting to see these characters develop.
aam90

Post by aam90 »

Thats definitely racist,
Daners

Post by Daners »

Even if it was intentionally racist. It can still be funny. Look at south park. Every other scene is something slightly racist. But its all in context. As a joke, for a laugh. Its not meant to be offensive and attack any group of people. It is just a joke. People who work in comedy say horrible things all the time...because its funny, so long as the audience understands that they don't "actually mean it". I think that simple understanding is hard to come by these days. Everyone seems to want to find something to be offended by. Even works of poorly animated fiction are not safe lol. Anyways, I will have another one done by this weekend. I look forward to your criticism :)

PS. you can check out my other abominations at www.derpanimation.com