The Golden Gecko (WiP)

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Little Yamori

The Golden Gecko (WiP)

Post by Little Yamori »

Hi All,

Well having a good time learning ASPro vs my Old Debut6 and making some good progress. Here are some shots for my next Gecko Tale, still rough, but I'm liking the overall feel. Input always welcome. Hope you like it. (BTW: I think I'm giving a shout out to the right person for the awesome hand tutorial; Was that you Funksmaname? if so, Cheers!!!, it came in, well...."Handy" :mrgreen: )
synthsin75

Re: The Golden Gecko (WiP)

Post by synthsin75 »

Very nice, especially the textures.
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

Sweet :)
Very nice.
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Thanks guys,

just hoping I can pull off the rest of it to match the look of what I've got so far
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Little Yamori wrote:Thanks guys,
just hoping I can pull off the rest of it to match the look of what I've got so far
You underestimate yourself! It's already very impressive. You will only get better.
Cheers, Larry
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

3deeguy wrote: You underestimate yourself! It's already very impressive. You will only get better.
Thanks 3Deeguy!!

Just been crazy busy with this and the new website that's almost ready to launch. I made a bunch of animated gifs for it, so as soon as it's done I'll be able to focus on finishing this new story
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

This is lovely! The Gecko animation looks so volumetric. That was done in 2D? My only suggestion would be to add more texture on things like the spider so that they look like the belong within the same world. Can't wait to see more! :D
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

lwaxana wrote:This is lovely! The Gecko animation looks so volumetric. That was done in 2D? My only suggestion would be to add more texture on things like the spider so that they look like the belong within the same world. Can't wait to see more! :D
Thanks Iwaxana,

Very good eye!!! I did the spider about a year ago in Debut 6, but just did all the other stuff in the last month in AS Pro11.2 . All 2D, just playing with shading. Everything is Vector drawn in AS except the background wall jpeg, and the branch that the moth starts out on.

I tried an experiment on the spider that I'm going to go into a little more seriously since it caught your eye. It's "white shading" so it hopefully will appear more as a light reflection since his body is and legs are black, hopefully making him look less flat.

thx for the feedback