Glimpse at a music video im working on

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Syncs

Glimpse at a music video im working on

Post by Syncs »

Testing getting a character to dance using actions only

let me know what you guys think please

@ldnsyns
support@ldnsyns.co.uk
Facebook.com/daendz
instagram/_daendz
dueyftw

Re: Glimpse at a music video im working on

Post by dueyftw »

I didn't even finish watching.

More movement. Body movement, camera movement. Try a zoom in at rappers face when he starts. We live in a short attention span world. Flip the characters. Zoom in, change the background then zoom out. These are suggestions, do what you thinks looks best.

I would have started with close up of the girl's face. Not only lip sync, but some face and expressions. They would be slight but noticeable.

Your intro is also too long. The animation is fine, just make it faster.

Dale
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I'm definitely not part of your target demographic here, but I would say that rap beats give an excellent excuse for some punchy editing. This is tame. The intro is way too long. Take a look at some music videos on Mtv or wherever -- this is a fast-moving, jump-cutting, colourful world. This is too slow moving for a Richard Attenborough documentary.

You did ask.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

A couple of things stood out to me. You can hear that the microphone is in a room. Your character is outside.
The other thing that caught my attention was "there are stars in the sky." He otherwise looks like he's standing in daylight.
I've seen some of your animations so I know you have the talent but I agree with the other commenters. The pace is slow. You have to give your characters some life.
Cheers, Larry
Syncs

Post by Syncs »

Thanks guys the feedback is appreciated, I will take it all on board , this was just the start and was no way meant to be a professional cut, I have been practicing with actions and this is no animating at all. I guess this was more to see if the timing was correct and if the base body movements looked ok. Once I get that down I will start to add life. As with all videos the final edited completed music video will probably contain only 10 seconds of the whole video I posted lol again thanks for the feedback