New Little Green Dog Website

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

New Little Green Dog Website

Post by Greenlaw »

Hi everybody,

I want to announce that I FINALLY got our new Little Green Dog website online. I haven't been working on new personal films or comics for a while because Alisa and I felt we first needed a better way to manage our content online. While the new website is not specifically Anime Studio related, we do have a couple of ASP-created shorts there, as well as a few behind-the-scenes articles that may be of interest to other ASP users. (Most notably, the two articles on designing and storyboarding Hearts Like Fists.)

It's not likely that I'll be posting any of my DreamWorks stuff there but I've learned a lot of new rigging and animation tricks in the past year and I'm thinking of creating some ASP tutorials for the site (using 'non-DWA' content of course.) Alisa and I also have a brand new animation series in mind that will be created with ASP. Oh, yeah, and new comics are in the works too. I'll make further announcements when the time comes.

In the meantime, let me know what you think about the new website and what you'd like to see more of in the future. Also, if you notice any proofing errors or technical issues with the website, please let me know. This reboot was a major undertaking for me and I may have missed squashing a bug or two (or three or four.)

Enjoy! :D

G.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
lwaxana

Re: New Little Green Dog Website

Post by lwaxana »

Nice Site, Greenlaw! And I loved Shippo's Halloween Day and your daughter's animation at the end. :D I didn't realize you were an animator at DreamWorks. How cool!
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

I went straight to the article about storyboarding since I learned quite a bit from your previous tutorial. When I clicked on a frame it didn't enlarge to allow me to see the details. :(
Cheers, Larry
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hi guys,

Thanks for the comments and feedback!

@lwaxana, I'm glad you liked Shipo. I'll pass this on to Sienna.

@3deeguy, I made the images no larger than 752 pixels wide throughout the site for faster loadtime and consistency but I guess in some cases, 752 pixels may be too small. I was planning to make certain articles in a page-wide format and this might be a good candidate for that. Or maybe I can just link certain 752px versions to optional higher res versions. I'll need think about how to best address this. Thanks for letting me know.

G.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh! Even better, I can post the original storyboard PDF file as an optional downloadable. This way you can look at the exact 'full-size' document we used in production. I'll let you know when I've uploaded the PDF file to the site. (Plus it will be easier for me. See, sometimes laziness pays off.) :wink:

Just curious but which storyboard article were you referring to?
Last edited by Greenlaw on Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Greenlaw wrote:Just curious but which storyboard article were you referring to?
Is your old site still up? I don't recall the title. I remember the lessons. That tutorial enabled me to finally complete an electronics tutorial that I'd abandoned because it gave me 'fits'.
Someone from the forum mentioned it a year later which led me to recommit myself to finishing it but this time I had studied your tutorial and was able to get it done.
Cheers, Larry
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Nah, the old website has been archived and replaced by the new one. However, if you click on the Storyboard tag, all the current 'storyboard' posts should turn up.

There's no 'behind-the-scenes' article for 'Scareplane' yet but I'll be working on one in the near future. Because 'Scareplane' was my first animation using ASP, a lot of creative and technical missteps were taken early in production. Maybe I can talk about all the things one should NOT do to make a film. :)
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Congrats on the new site. Looks great and I'm looking forward to any "behind the scenes" secrets. :wink:
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

Congrats! :)