[Animated Creepypasta] "My Eternal Protector" by Abysmii

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sargumphigaus

[Animated Creepypasta] "My Eternal Protector" by Abysmii

Post by sargumphigaus »

I made another spooky scary cartoon.

this is now my thing. I have 6 more of these to work on.
exobunker

Re: [Animated Creepypasta] "My Eternal Protector" by Abysmii

Post by exobunker »

a good story.
The guy from the other side.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Your story-telling skills are excellent. I think it's a shame that the visuals are not as good as the story - just my opinion...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

jahnocli wrote:Your story-telling skills are excellent. I think it's a shame that the visuals are not as good as the story - just my opinion...

I'm going to have to agree that the visuals are absolute shit. In fact, I think this whole project came out shit. It makes me cringe just to watch it...but I shared it anyways because i spent 4 weeks on it.
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

I don't think "the whole project came out like shit"... unless you are planning on sending it Disney as an audition.

You always struck me as a guy using AS as a tool to tell stories, and I think that's great. Other people are spending years working on the perfect rig but not putting a lot out as far as story driven animation goes ... And I think that is great too. If I need to check out a new technique or tutorial, I watch their videos. But if I want to see a creepy cool cartoon I look at what sargumphigaus is posting this time. Story holds my attention over artwork any day.
Adam
Yosemite Sam

Post by Yosemite Sam »

You know I'm a huge fan of your work. This was fantastic dude! I actually liked a lot of the art and noticed some really cool things you did animation wise. I can see why this took you some time. You have style and you know how to create a tone as good as anyone. It was like watching an animated poem. Keep doing you man!
Jimmy Mills

Some of my Moho Pro work.
My Demo Reel: https://youtu.be/_kSCno4Wd3c?si=gNT7d27R7sM4jjqq
Buddies Ep 4: https://youtu.be/f8Zbzo2mpHA?si=4EyxhBOrgOxkDoSO
Yosemite Sam

Post by Yosemite Sam »

drumlug13 wrote:I don't think "the whole project came out like shit"... unless you are planning on sending it Disney as an audition.

You always struck me as a guy using AS as a tool to tell stories, and I think that's great. Other people are spending years working on the perfect rig but not putting a lot out as far as story driven animation goes ... And I think that is great too. If I need to check out a new technique or tutorial, I watch their videos. But if I want to see a creepy cool cartoon I look at what sargumphigaus is posting this time. Story holds my attention over artwork any day.
Amen.
Jimmy Mills

Some of my Moho Pro work.
My Demo Reel: https://youtu.be/_kSCno4Wd3c?si=gNT7d27R7sM4jjqq
Buddies Ep 4: https://youtu.be/f8Zbzo2mpHA?si=4EyxhBOrgOxkDoSO
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

No, the whole project didn't come out shit -- I watched the clip until the end. There are many clips that don't hold my attention like that! Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

don't get me wrong boys. the video is what it is. But I know i could have done better. I'm self critical.
djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

I liked it, I like that you just use ASP as a tool and your stuff doesn't look like anything out there, so you are probably using it better than anyone, even the pros, because the techniques are invisible while you watch the story and it's really just film making from you, animation is secondary. You are sort of like the David Lynch of animation shorts.
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

djwaterman wrote:I liked it, I like that you just use ASP as a tool and your stuff doesn't look like anything out there, so you are probably using it better than anyone, even the pros, because the techniques are invisible while you watch the story and it's really just film making from you, animation is secondary. You are sort of like the David Lynch of animation shorts.

yes and no. I'm pretty enthusiastic about films. We even have a podcast where we rip movies apart and try to see how they work. I handle these animations the same way I would handle filming a production. In fact, the project I have after the one I currently have will be a short movie...wish me luck....

But i wouldn't discard the animation as a secondary notion. I've been cartooning on and off for the past 16 years, but for the last 5 years or so, I've been slaving away to try and perfect the art. Not there yet, probably never will be, but perfecting the style is extremely important to me. Every project I do, I push myself into uncomfortable places and challenges that seem overwhelming, but I do that intentionally because the payoff is absolutely worth it.

as for technique, I'm of the impression that the way I use it was NEVER the way the makers intended for it. But it's the only way I'll do it at this point. Nothing else works for me.
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

sargumphigaus wrote: ...I've been slaving away to try and perfect the art. Not there yet, probably never will be, but perfecting the style is extremely important to me. Every project I do, I push myself into uncomfortable places and challenges that seem overwhelming, but I do that intentionally because the payoff is absolutely worth it.
If perfection means you have reached the plateau then you have to find a new mountain. The thrill is in the challenge of getting to the top.
Cheers, Larry