W.I.P

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Jus_Me

W.I.P

Post by Jus_Me »

Im making a intro for my website, And am using a character from Medal of honor Allied Assault.
Its a cut out, After seeing the demolition short, I really like the cut out effect.
Any tips Would be great :P
Last edited by Jus_Me on Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
gavi dvan

Post by gavi dvan »

Unfortunately I have no tips for ya, I'm not much of a pro when it comes to boning things (haha)... but just thought I'd say that looks very funky, I haven't seen anyone do anything with a game character before... I'm real interested to see how this ends up!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make.
There is a 255 character limit
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Well, I see a problem. How are you going to let the soldier walk other than right towards you? A side view would give you much more flexibility and perhaps let you tell an entertaining story with this soldier. Perhaps digitize some tanks and field atillery (use limited animation there) and put him in a battlefield.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

gavi dvan wrote:I haven't seen anyone do anything with a game character before...
epa!... some time ago i used zangief... em... it's all i can say.
(http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtop ... highlight=)
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
gavi dvan

Post by gavi dvan »

Haha, well now I have. That's really, really, cool!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make.
There is a 255 character limit
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Well in this case it is very easy to make a good animation with this character.
But there is a little bit of work to do before you start in moho.

In MoH you could go to MP with a friend or so and then screenshot him from different perspectives (with grenade selected or anything, a one-hand-weapon (Sidearm?) is better to animate later).

So within a couple of minutes you will have the neccessary different angles of that character.

Now what i would do (if you havent gambled with that idea yet) is to split the different limbs in a graphics editing program such as corel draw, photoshop or the very good and efficient free tool G.I.M.P.

So all in all you will then have arms legs, heads, etc. from different angles.

Then i would recreate the character in moho.
If your setup is clever, you can make every limb turn to another angle if you wish so.

Don't know if that was what you expected as suggestions, maybe it helps :wink:

EDIT: As i took a closer view on your screenshot, you already set up the character, so i just wonder what you want to know exactly :?
Jus_Me

Post by Jus_Me »

@Mr.Blaa That was just me testing using images with bones, Two of you so far said use a side view, So thats what ill do.
I only had front view set up, But with your suggestions bout going to MP and taking numerous shots of arms legs ect...
Ill be able to fully set this character up thnx :wink:
And yes, Thats what i expected, Thnx for the replies, It really helps a noob out :P
Now my character wont look so gay now 8)
@selgin Thats a nice short of a game character, Imma go in a different direction with mine tho, Like a war scene.