GIFs - Made With Anime Studio & Photoshop

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Tuxedo Cat Cartoons

GIFs - Made With Anime Studio & Photoshop

Post by Tuxedo Cat Cartoons »

Some GIFs that I've made recently using Anime Studio and Photoshop...

Colors. Sounds. Time.

Land Speed Records

War & Peace

Kevin Bacon (From an animated short)

The Kevin Bacon animation can be seen here:

MVP Mode (Tribute to Cam Newton)

MVP Mode can be seen here:
exobunker

Re: GIFs - Made With Anime Studio & Photoshop

Post by exobunker »

Hi.
The first one is really nice, and the war/peace made me laugh.
In animated gif, the most difficult is to imagine an animation with a infinite movement.
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Very clean resolution,
can I ask what dimensions and settings you used?
Tuxedo Cat Cartoons

Post by Tuxedo Cat Cartoons »

Little Yamori wrote:Very clean resolution,
can I ask what dimensions and settings you used?
Hey Little Yamori...sorry for the late response. I've been super busy so I haven't been on the forum in a while.

For my animations, full HD 1920x1080 is typically what I use now - it just makes the final product SO smooth. I used to render at 720p, and I still do sometimes. 720p still looks really good, especially on a computer screen, but I often have my computer running through my TV as well. Checking my work on a big HDTV helps me to gauge the resolution and colors of my animations, and I find it to be useful in producing quality results. Granted, 720p is a significantly smaller file size than 1080p, but if you're shooting for professional results and you have the computer power, then I'd go for 1080p.

As for the GIFs, they're still in a 16x9 ratio (like 1080p), but they're scaled down in size. Most of those GIFs are 715x402, with the exception of Land Speed Records being 800x450. And MVP Mode is 533x402. I know 715x402 seems kind of odd and random, but 715 is an important number to me...so I just went with that number. With GIFs you typically want to keep your dimensions pretty low - I think as long as you keep your width and height under 800 then you should be fine.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

LOL, loved it, the Kevin Bacon one gave me a good chuckle, the football player is very well animated, well done! 8)
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Tuxedo Cat Cartoons wrote: Hey Little Yamori...sorry for the late response. I've been super busy so I haven't been on the forum in a while.

For my animations, full HD 1920x1080 is typically what I use now - it just makes the final product SO smooth. I used to render at 720p, and I still do sometimes. 720p still looks really good, especially on a computer screen, but I often have my computer running through my TV as well. Checking my work on a big HDTV helps me to gauge the resolution and colors of my animations, and I find it to be useful in producing quality results. Granted, 720p is a significantly smaller file size than 1080p, but if you're shooting for professional results and you have the computer power, then I'd go for 1080p.

As for the GIFs, they're still in a 16x9 ratio (like 1080p), but they're scaled down in size. Most of those GIFs are 715x402, with the exception of Land Speed Records being 800x450. And MVP Mode is 533x402. I know 715x402 seems kind of odd and random, but 715 is an important number to me...so I just went with that number. With GIFs you typically want to keep your dimensions pretty low - I think as long as you keep your width and height under 800 then you should be fine.
Hey thanks for the response, I didn't see it until now. I'll experiment with the dimensions you gave. Have been making a lot of GIFs lately for my website re-do, so every little bit of advice goes a long way. Thanks again