Baby Jane lip sync

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kwalijkje

Baby Jane lip sync

Post by kwalijkje »

This was my first attempt at doing a lip sync in AS, initially with Papgayo and then adding phonemes that weren't in Papagayo manually. Any suggestions for improvement?

Syncs

Re: Baby Jane lip sync

Post by Syncs »

Hi, thanks for checking out my work, What is papagayo I been looking for an quicker way to lip sync, I'm am still very new to anime studio and animating.

Looks good btw
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

I started out using Papagayo with the Preston Blair phoneme set but I had to make a lot of corrections. I eventually decided that Papagayo did not save me any time.
I still use the Preston Blair phonemes but I 'scrub' through the audio and insert phonemes manually.
Cheers, Larry
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

When I have a ton of lipsync to get through quickly, I like to use Magpie Pro. It's very fast and it supports many 2D and 3D programs. You can export image sequences, morph data and other animation files. It's sort of resembles Papagayo but with a lot more features and broader support for different programs. It's a little dated but developer still supports it, and I'm not aware of another universal lipsync program like it.

Magpie Pro can take a bit of setup and preparation though, so if I have only a few lines of dialog and a small handful of scenes in a project, I just just work directly in whatever animation program I'm using. So long as I've prepared an X-sheet and I can scrub the audio in the program, it's really not difficult. Like anything worth doing, lip sync animation takes practice though.

BTW, Anime Studio 11.2 makes manual lip syncing even easier now because you can cycle through your Switch Layer shapes using Alt-C (cycle down) and Alt-D (cycle up.) Alternatively, if you have your Switch Layer open, you can Alt-click any child layer to keyframe it--this method is even faster for lipsyncing if you've given your layers descriptive names.

The Right-Click drop down still works of course. It's still useful because it shows you your child layers when the Switch Layer is closed, keeping screen clutter minimal. But you may find the other two methods much faster to use.

And don't forget, you can morph through your mouth shapes provided you've designed them for morphing, and you have enabled 'Interpolate sub-layers' under the Switch Layer property panel.

One of these days I'm hoping ASP will implement user defineable Layer Filters so you can set the Layers panel to show only Switch Layers (or whatever layers you want,) in the Layers panel when that's all you want to work with.

G.
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

Those who like Papagayo you might be interest in the script I wrote. It's discussed here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28346#p160451