HeyHey App

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

djwaterman

Re: HeyHey App

Post by djwaterman »

Victor, a few questions. Did you use ASP for the text, I noticed a lot of it has accents and fbf type touches. And the other question is did you use a lot of fbf in the project for the messy stuff?
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Your work is always amazing. I know it's asking a lot but I wish you and slowtiger could do a tutorial (or tutorials) on how 'explainer' videos are made.
Cheers, Larry
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

djwaterman wrote:Victor, a few questions. Did you use ASP for the text, I noticed a lot of it has accents and fbf type touches. And the other question is did you use a lot of fbf in the project for the messy stuff?
Hi, we used AS for most of the text, but -if I remember well- some of the text was animated directly into After Effects. And yes, we used a lot of FBF animation for this, specially to give a wetter feel to some animations. There is a particular take at 0:16 (the break dancing character) which was totally made by using FBF layers, that part was animated by José, the same guy who animated the Samurai on the AS11 spot.
3deeguy wrote:Your work is always amazing. I know it's asking a lot but I wish you and slowtiger could do a tutorial (or tutorials) on how 'explainer' videos are made.
Thanks. It's always hard to think about that kind of tutorial, because there is no specific way to do this videos or anything special about them. We use the same tools used in any other video, but applied to a specific idea and style.
We basically create a simple animatic -in this case based on the already made song-, everyone provides ideas about what could be happening on each part. Once that animatic is ready, the illustrator creates the final drawings and then we can start animating.
There's a lot of freedom and improvisation about the animation. The animatic is a rigid guide, but you need to fill all the unexplained room in the best way you can.
I just made a video with the first animatic, the animatic with the illustrations and the final video, all three running at the same time. Maybe this video could clarify some aspects about the process.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Victor, Thanks. I watched it several times and made it a "favorite" :D
Cheers, Larry
Barry Baker

Post by Barry Baker »

Great work, Victor and the crew. A really lively film. When I see the individual set-ups, I almost wish each scene were twice as long, to give it space to breathe a bit.